DVR rebooting

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
DanNeumann

Re: DVR rebooting

Post by DanNeumann »

Ok, I just sent a request to the email addy you posted.
DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

Ok, I got my new power adapter today and it's in use. I also installed a CyberPower 600VA battery backup that my office computer, Amcrest DVR and cameras are plugged into so we'll see if I have anymore issues with the DVR rebooting. I'll follow up in a week or so.
erac6329

Post by erac6329 »

Dan

Let us know if the new Power Adapter solves the problem. I'm fresh out of ideas.
DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

Guess what?? My DVR rebooted itself 3 times yesterday with the new power adapter. Mind you this is also plugged into a brand new battery backup so power fluctuations are not an issue. Could the issue be in the software/programming?
erac6329

Post by erac6329 »

Yeah...I also requested a new power adapter and my DVR is still rebooting. Not as often but still multiple times per day.
Zach

Post by Zach »

This is very interesting. Let me put this to our development team to see what the reboot causes could be. If you look in your logs at when it restarts do you see "Shutdown", "Reboot" entry, or "Reboot with Flag"? The main one I'm interested in is Reboot with Flag because that should show some insight into what caused the reboot.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

Well this presents another problem I ran into. I can't log into my DVR settings via. the monitor I have hooked up to it and the mouse. For some reason the password I use to enter the programming thru the web doesn't work when trying to log into the DVR. It's 10 letters long and the DVR doesn't allow that many letters/numbers. I still use "admin" for the user name but I changed my password awhile ago when I was prompted too while signing into the web access about 2 months ago. I can't find a "log" thru web access. Do I need to just set everything back to default via. web access to start from scratch or what?
Zach

Post by Zach »

The log is accessible through the WebUI. Next to the Settings icon (the gear) there is an i in a circle. That is the information menu. You can view the log there.

As for the user account, you should be able to change this through the WebUI as well. Settings>System>Account. Click the pencil on the same row as the admin account. Check the modify password box and it will let you change it. I am currently testing out a few firmware which is going to increase the characters allowed in the password.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

Ok, my password to access the WebUI is 10 characters long. When I log into the WebUI (via. IE by the way since I can't with Chrome) and attempt to "modify password" under the account settings it asks for me to enter in my old password. When I do it only takes the first 6 letters then stops and says "max. input string length". So I can't change the 10 letter password I use to access the WebUI and I don't remember to save my life what I used to access the DVR. I keep getting locked out after 3 attempts I believe it is.
Zach

Post by Zach »

Alright. I believe I have figured it out. Once you login through the WebUI, update the firmware with the attached file. This will erase ALL of your settings, including user accounts, back to default. After you do this, login to the DVR directly and it should prompt you to change your password. You show now have full access to your Local interface again.
Attachments
General_EraseUserdata_TS_V1.00.0.R.20130829.bin
(1.8 KiB) Downloaded 102 times