DVR not connecting to computer screen?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
carahemby

DVR not connecting to computer screen?

Post by carahemby »

We recently purchased the 960H DVR and are having trouble with it showing up on the computer. We believe that we set up the hardware perfectly and have everything connected to the outlets where it is supposed to go. We plugged in the DVR and hooked up the cameras via a HDMI cord on a macbook pro. However, once the DVR is on and the cameras are attached, nothing comes up on the computer monitor. Do you think you can help us?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: DVR not connecting to computer screen?

Post by Melvin »

Hello carahemby,

The issue is you are connecting the HDMI cable to a laptop. The HDMI port on MACbook Pro might be for HDMI output not input. So you need an HD standalone monitor or TV to connect the DVR.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

carahemby

Post by carahemby »

Thanks Melvin! I will see if that helps later on today.
carahemby

Post by carahemby »

Hi,

I am trying to solve the same problem as before. This time, I used a VGA cord to connect the DVR to the PC laptop that is about 6 or 7 years old. Maybe older. Still, nothing is showing up. However, I did notice that the wifi is not working on this computer. Could that be apart of the problem?

About to try my luck on a TV monitor...

Thanks!
carahemby

Post by carahemby »

Also, there seems to be a red flashing light on the HDD part. Does that mean it is recording?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello carahemby,

Like I mentioned earlier it should not be connected to a laptop. It needs a standalone monitor. Try connecting to TV with HDMI cable or to a normal computer monitor with VGA cable, but not laptop.

The blinking LED might be indicating that the hard drive is not ready to use as it needs to be formatted before first time use. You can do that through the monitor once you get it working.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us