Does IP2M-841 support auto tracking?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
iAMmeStyle

Does IP2M-841 support auto tracking?

Post by iAMmeStyle »

Hi all,
I have an old IP2M-841B (not the v3 ProHD). Couple years ago the latest and the last firmware broke the API request feature and Amcrest never took care it which retired my integration with smartthings, I was kind of just left the camera there. Recently, I reset it and was trying to use the auto tracking feature. However, when I hit the button in the iPhone app, it shows failed to retrieve configuration.

I remember it was working a long time ago when I received the item. I might be wrong since it's a long time ago. Does anyone know? I can't find the information. Thank you very much.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Does IP2M-841 support auto tracking?

Post by longedge »

As far as I know, the nearest feature to auto tracking that is supported by this camera is that of pre-defined tours whereby the camera will move through a set of fixed locations and zoom levels. It isn't able to actually following a moving target.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Does IP2M-841 support auto tracking?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

For Auto Tracking you will want the 841V3 or the ASH21..

However between the 2 the Ash21 is better at it and the reason is because the camera has Human detection where the 841v3 doesn't.. Now something to keep in mind is if your looking for a camera with the Alarm in and out and audio in and out then there isn't any with those options with auto tracking..

One of the things I noticed as well with my V3 is with it hanging upside down setup the camera seems to get motion from I don't know where and will end up looking down and to the back with lots of any type of motion in the area. it seems better able to track when it is placed on a shelf or table for me anyway might be different for others..
Be Safe.