DNS requests from my Amcrest camera

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
thusband

DNS requests from my Amcrest camera

Post by thusband »

I have a Amcrest 4K Outdoor Bullet PoE IP Camera (IP8M-2496EW) installed and it works beautifully along with Blue Iris.

I'm curious about many hundreds of DNS pings from the camera to something called devaccess.easy4ipcloud.com. I have A DNS blocker (AdGuard Home) set up on my home network and this request is by far the largest requester. This address is blocked so no harm done but what is it?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: DNS requests from my Amcrest camera

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If I had to guess I would say that it is caused by P2P. The Server is a AWS server for IPC cameras. IF you don't use P2P and want it to stop checking to see if there is a Server open and or request for access, log into your cameras WebUI, then click Setup in top right area, then click on Network. In that area it might be at the bottom of Network on the left and if it isn't then look under TCP/IP and in there should be a tab for P2P. Once you turn that off it can take upto 2 hours for the traffic to stop.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
thusband

Post by thusband »

Yes, P2P was running so I stopped it. Thanks for the help.
thusband

Post by thusband »

Hmmm, it's been over four hours since I turned P2P off but I'm still getting traffic. I double checked and P2P is off. Could it take longer?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It could take longer. I don't have that model. Mine is the v2 maybe the normal model had a flaw in this area. Might have to make a ticket with Amcrest. Maybe try a reboot and check that it's still turned off in the webui once it comes back online
Be Safe
thusband

Post by thusband »

OK thanks, I'll try that.
xilix

Post by xilix »

I have an older AD110 doorbell camera. I think it's the first Amcrest-branded model. Looking at my firewall, it makes the most DNS requests of anything.
When I have the camera blocked for outgoing DNS, it tries to connect to drs.zencamcloud.com about 145 times per second.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It is a Cloud based hardware and does connect to a few different servers for a connection that is clean to the end user. Zencloud is Amcrest based server on Amazon servers.
Be Safe