Disable / hide red glow light

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
yield

Disable / hide red glow light

Post by yield »

Hello all,

I have recently acquired a IP4M-1051.

Is it possible to disable the 2 red lights that come on when night vision mode is activated? I understand that this are indicators that the IR is working, and that maybe they are visible as a consequence of their wavelength (850 nm). Still, I would like to make it such that the red light is not visible. Accordingly:

1) Can we disable the red LED indicators of night vision mode? If so, how?

2) Alternatively, is there a way to physically hide (e.g., through some sort of filter) these lights without compromising the night vision mode? If so, how?

Thank you
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Disable / hide red glow light

Post by longedge »

Hello, welcome to the forum.

1. Yes (although I don't have that camera, I believe the setup is the same as mine), in the settings menu for camera/configuration/IR light select "Off" for the night time profile. *Don't forget to click save*.
2. Would be unnecessary as you can switch the IR illumination off.

I have to do this on all 3 of my cameras because they 'look' out of windows and the IR light glares back into the lens and the image is flared out.

You have to bear in mind that you are turning the lights off that make it possible for the camera to 'see'. In my case, I have IR illumination outside. You may get some sort of image from ambient light but it won't be as good as it is with the IR lights switched on.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum...

As stated above.

Plus if you have some light say by street lamps or maybe you want to see your Lite Front Porch... You can also make your camera stay Color by changing the Profile to Color for the Night time... Right now 90% of my cameras are ran Color at night. Mainly because I have about 340 days that is wet by rain,snow or dew and the DEW is worse for IR lights at night that and snow...

If you want to change to Color, You can Log into your WebUi. Click Setup, Then on the center screen while you shoudl be under Camera already... There should be something that says Day/Night click that. Then on the drop down menu I change for Normal, Day and Night all to Color incase later I setup a Schedule I don't have to remember later to make the changes to color... Click Apply or Save and your IR lights will be off and camera in Color mode...

Also if the Little LED on the back that doubles as a Reset button bother you you can turn that off as well. That is in the same area at the bottom Indicator Light, I change all to OFF again Normal, day and night. Only thing is after a boot up the light will be off so you won't lknow at a fast look that the camera is on...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Set your camera 850 nm IR light to off, and try a 940 nm external IR illuminator. It will be invisible and should still provide illumination. Just not as much as a comparable 850 nm IR illuminator.