Different Motion Settings on Mobile and Cloud Website?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
AmcrestMeh

Different Motion Settings on Mobile and Cloud Website?

Post by AmcrestMeh »

I've been annoyed by the fact, that there seemingly are different settings for motion detection, whether you are using the mobile app (Android) or the cloud website (https://www.amcrestcloud.com/my-accountamc/camerasamc).

If I use the website to change the motion detection (I'm at work, I can't use my phone), the setting seemingly does not get picked up by the mobile app, where things get in a weird state of limbo, and the motion detection no longer works.

If I only use the mobile app, I don't have problems, but like I said, I can't use my phone at work, so I have to rely on the cloud webpage to monitor my cameras. If I stop getting motion alarms in e-mail, then I lose the main purpose that I purchased these cameras for.

Also, is there an equivalent "Global Motion Detection" switch on the mobile app, like there is on the Cloud webpage?

In general, I'm not pleased with the disparity between the different apps you guys provide. The cloud webpage lacks a lot of the features that the mobile app has, which seems like you guys should take the time to reach parity between the two, so your ecosystem feels a bit more polished.

I like the cameras when they work, but your supporting software is lacking.
Jordan77

Re: Different Motion Settings on Mobile and Cloud Website?

Post by Jordan77 »

I have found the AMCREST cloud will override your other settings. I have verified this. The settings don't match up either. I had to stop using the cloud because of this. It's a real PITA.
Jordan77

Re: Different Motion Settings on Mobile and Cloud Website?

Post by Jordan77 »

I have found the AMCREST cloud will override your other settings. I have verified this. The settings don't match up either. I had to stop using the cloud because of this. It's a real PITA.