DDNS assigned wrong IP to no-ip also mess up PTZ target points

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
iAMmeStyle

DDNS assigned wrong IP to no-ip also mess up PTZ target points

Post by iAMmeStyle »

I recently changed my router to eero 2nd gen. I reconnected with the new SSID and had all required ports forwarded and turned on the DDNS from the camera since eero is lack of supporting DDNS. Everything was working fine. I then realized the video didn't show up in the NACL web plug-in. Since everything was reset I needed to set new PTZ target areas, I have to update my firmware to see the video. The firmware I updated to was V2.420.AC00.18.R.

After that, it was working fine. Yesterday I checked my camera and realized the PTZ target areas were messed up. I have no idea why then I tried to login to the camera to set them up again then realized it couldn't connect via DDNS. I use no-ip BTW. I checked no-ip the IP/Target was set to 68.82.x.x. However, my ip is something like 98.200.x.x. I manually put 98.200.x.x to no-ip then it works. Later it changed back to 68.82.x.x again. I turned the DDNS off from the camera then 98.200.x.x stayed. I tried to use my computer with no-ip client app and it did set the ip correctly also. I even tried to use amcrestddns.com but it's not working also. It looks like something is wrong with the firmware for DDNS also the PTZ target areas. Does anyone have the same issue? Thank you.
iAMmeStyle

Re: DDNS assigned wrong IP to no-ip also mess up PTZ target points

Post by iAMmeStyle »

I forgot to mention my camera is IP2M-841B.
CosmikDebris

Post by CosmikDebris »

What did you do with the old router?
I once gave an old router away, it never got reset, and it would reconcile my IP as at its new home, so I couldn't access my cameras until I got the person to disable ddns.
"I might be moving to Montana soon."
iAMmeStyle

Post by iAMmeStyle »

The old router was a Netgear Nighthawk and it's very unreliable. The 2.4GHz frequently rejected devices because it detected invalid password but it's not.

I contacted the support and they told me to reset the camera. I did, but it's still doing the same.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So there are a couple of things that Bother me with this...

So first Reset both the Camera and the Router back to Factory.. I know it is a pain to have to keep setting things up but I think the end result will be for the better...

Set your Router back up the way you had it.. However this time leave the no ip part out...

After your Camera Reset is done set it back up to your Router over your Wifi like you had it with the password that is needed so you can access the camera over wifi...

Now once all that is done.. I am sure it is setup by Default but just make sure anyway... Log in the camera from your computer over WebUI if older FW using IE if newer using Chrome... Goto setup and then Network or Tcp/IP then at the top in that screen will have P2P click that and make sure it is enabled... IF it is you can log out of the camera

bring up your phone app again, Delete out the Camera you loaded in, and add it again. This time don't add it by normal method you will click on the top right that says Connect Already Connected Device. Then pick the P2P and then put in the Serial Number of the camera or Scan the QR on the bottom of the camera.. then next screen put in name for camera and then user and password for the camera...

I can tell you that I have had people on all my Cameras over P2P from all over the world... Friend from Holland and a couple in England have accessed my Camera on a Username I set up. I even had Amcrest access my cameras over P2P there is nothing you have to OPEN nothing you have to forward and it just works everytime...

Please note.. While I did some of this for testing with trying to get info when it connects to my network to see if I could get details about the camera... While I can say that the Password isn't plain text in our out of the network. I want to give a word a Caution... If you are going to make this connection on a Public Wifi Hotspot do so on your CELL not on your Laptop or a Internet Cafe Desktop... While they can't get your Password over Network Sniffing they might be able to still get in on Key Logging or Over shoulder capture...

When away from your Home I would only access your Cameras over your CELL to be safe on your Cell Data...
Be Safe.
iAMmeStyle

Post by iAMmeStyle »

Thanks for the reply. I have implementation for Smartthings to trigger PTZ from http request so I have to use DDNS. P2P is not an option to me. Before I updated to the latest firmware it was working as expected. Too bad my new eero router does not provide the basic feature DDNS. I was happy Amcrest offers the feature to resolve my issue but it's just not working correctly. It seems like I have to run a no-ip client app on a server.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Aww Ok.. Well with complex things in play sadly things don't always go as we would hope all the time...
Be Safe.
iAMmeStyle

Post by iAMmeStyle »

I want to give a quick update of the issue.

The DDNS set no-ip to an ip like 68.x.x.x as I mentioned. I went to the IP and a comcast security alert page popped with a phone number. I didn't care before but then I tried to contact them. During the call, I refreshed the IP and the comcast page was gone then I ran the ddns again and it worked. On the other end of the phone he just told me he did see a security alert and would remove it to remove my issue. However, that was happened after I found it worked again. He mentioned it usually happened when a modem would be close to end of life cycle but I questioned it.

I did contact comcast few days back about the speed and someone ran a test to my modem. I would guess that triggered this security alert, but it may just be a partial thing since went to any page never got rerouted to a security warning page(68.x.x.x). Since it would reroute, the ddns got the wrong information to set to the no-ip domain. That's just my guess. Anyway, now it's all good!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

awesome I am glad you got it working again...
Be Safe.
iAMmeStyle

Post by iAMmeStyle »

Thanks