Couple cameras black on initial setup

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Humpty

Couple cameras black on initial setup

Post by Humpty »

Hi, just installed the a2 nvr with 6 cameras. When I get to the cameras screen 2 are black and have an addition symbol. They were all added correctly/green status symbol. What's going on and how do I fix it? Thanks
Attachments
PXL_20231218_102839911.jpg
PXL_20231218_102839911.jpg (2.98 MiB) Viewed 18632 times
PXL_20231218_102358395.jpg
PXL_20231218_102358395.jpg (2.48 MiB) Viewed 18632 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Couple cameras black on initial setup

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

So in your post you state that you have an A2 NVR and 6 cameras. Then in your pictures that is what I see. 6 cameras on 1, 3, 5, 6, 7 and ch8. Then looking at your second picture it shows a live view of what I am going to guess at that time the picture was taken with 1, 3 and 5 camera displaying the Sub Channel and 6-8 displaying Main channel. I get this info from the Stream window where it shows the last 3 cameras are at 3k bit rate where the others are all under 500.

Port 2 and 4 are showing the add screen with the Amcest Logo because that would tell me that either 1 there is no cameras connected there or 2 that the 2 cameras that you have connected are not working under the Amcrest type of setup. This might be because they are either defective cameras or they are a different brand like Hikvision or Axis and or something like that.

So if you have another type of camera like a Hikvision and the cameras have not been setup using the SADP tool you will need to DL and install that tool and turn on the cameras. If you don't have a POE Switch you can do this using 12v power and a connection to your normal router/hub/switch connection. Once you make this setup with SADP, I would personally add the camera to the NVR over your normal local network before removing the camera from the power and then connect it into that port of the area you added it too, So if you say added it to Ch2 then plug into Port2 and the recorder will ask you if you want to make that connection and over ride the current connection and say yes. Doing this with both cameras will let you access them over POE ports of the NVR. Just keep in mind that Not all cameras that are not Amcrest or Dahua will work with Motion Grid. I have some Hikvision that do and some that don't.

Also best practice to setup the Cameras Password to be the same as the NVR's password. Either way if when you add the camera in after setting it up on the normal network you might have to go to the page in your first picture and click the Pencil of the camera that has a Red Dot and change the password to the one you setup in the SADP software for that camera.. Once you have that then it will show the camera. Keep in mind that the ICON for POE might not show like the others that you have already showing as setup because that is again one of the down falls of connecting Hikvision type camera to Amcrest POE NVR..

Also might want to look at the bottom of the NVR and confirm that you are using the A2 and not an HS NVR because that software you are showing looks like older FW on NVR's that were built before 2019 and the A2 is a New Tech NVR that should have came loaded with the 4.0 of some sort and not the 3.5 FW's
Be Safe.