Constant External IP Requests

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Constant External IP Requests

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@curbow86 Welcome to the Forum...

Sorry to hear about the issue. However with cameras being IP cameras that is cameras that are setup to work with Internet access.. While I can't say what camera you have and what FW is installed and why it is doing what and when. What I can say is that at 1 point I was told that the system is required to be on the internet for full access or connected to a POE NVR where the calling is then handled by the NVR. The issue is a few fold. 1 when the camera by software design reaches out to a port if that port isn't' open and reachable it is setup to keep trying until it finds an open port from x to z. Then there is within the program a part where if there is no reply in a set time or number of tries that it waits a set time and tries again. So that is my guess to why you are seeing many different ports and so on..

What type of camera is it and Was it bought new or used? Is the FW 2019 and newer or is it older FW?
Be Safe.
Pogo

Re: Constant External IP Requests

Post by Pogo »

curbow86 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:16 pm I recently added some Amcrest IP cameras...

I created a firewall rule disallowing all traffic incoming and outgoing for the STATIC IP addresses. In the cameras I disabled checking for updates, disabled NTP to an outside IP address, disabled P2P, disabled every type of service that would be reaching out to the web.
You evidently missed one.

Have you identified the intended destination(s) of the requests? Amazon Cloud Services perhaps? And are you up to date on all firmware? Is there an Amcrest NVR in the mix? If not, what software are you using instead?

Re-enable the services you disabled one at a time to see which one in particular (if any) is causing the repetitive requests by looking for a successful connection.

I'd also examine all the p2p stuff just because..., maybe p2p is still active somewhere on the network.