Constant camera settings reversion?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
thomn8r

Constant camera settings reversion?

Post by thomn8r »

I have 6 amcrest camers and on most of them, the settings keep getting reverted after some period of time.

For example, 4 of them are IP3M-943 models; last night I updated video frame rate, quality and some other settings. This afternoon, they're back to where they were before. For example Frame Rate was 20 and Video Quality were 6 - today they're 10 and 3, respectively.

I have these connected to an amcrest cloud account; I don't know if that makes a difference.

Why?

This is making the cameras functionally useless.
jeremy.mathis

Re: Constant camera settings reversion?

Post by jeremy.mathis »

I am seeing this happen with my ip2m-853ew. Not sure if it has to do with using the iOS app after setting this settings, but every time I go back to the computer and use IE, settings are reverted back to 10, 3 and 1024 max bitrate...
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

If you have the camera on the cloud they will get reset to a very low video quality for the chosen resolution even if you have a paid membership. That is what happened to both my cameras, one was IP3M-941B (which is gone now) and the other is IP3M-HX2W. They are reset to 1080p, 10 fps, 1024 bit rate, video quality 3. This is probably the optimal setting for cloud storage and retrieval.

If you want to record at high res, then you have to remove the camera from the cloud and use the SD card. The cloud is useless to me. Even at that low video setting, it is very slow and also I cant adjust the region as I can on the camera web browser. It picks up even the slightest motion, at a sensitivity setting of 50, like branches of the shrub moving due to wind and records several 100 events. I will be cancelling the cloud membership. Of course they will blame it on my internet speed. My upload speed is 15 mbps and that should be more than adequate for that low video quality. But it is too slow, even from work where I have much higher upload speed, higher than the download speeds of many ISP plans.

I had issues with the SD recording also. See my post on choppy video. So I returned the camera (IP3M-941B).
jeremy.mathis

Post by jeremy.mathis »

Mupimohan - That actually makes sense. I seem to recall that when I joined it to the cloud, this all started. I feel the restrications are more due to the file size the video takes up on their servers but maybe both are the reason. I have 300/300 so bandwidth is not an issue on my end... Thanks for the explaination.
jeremy.mathis

Post by jeremy.mathis »

Yup, and as soon as I deleted the camera from the cloud account the settings went right back to where I set them. Thanks again!
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

If you have good upload speed and SD card, then cloud is basically useless. The best upload speed I have seen in my region with WOW cable is 50 mbps. That is also only the advertised speed.
jeremy.mathis

Post by jeremy.mathis »

Yeah our major player here is spectrum, cable sucks in upload... I work for the local fiber ISP and was able to set up a wireless PTP link to one of our POPs. That’s how I get my speed...