Cloud: Are recordings kept after the 4hour free window? Break and enter recorded...

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jms83

Cloud: Are recordings kept after the 4hour free window? Break and enter recorded...

Post by jms83 »

Hi all, yes the title is accurate. Last night my cottage property was broken last night into but I am only using the free amcrest cloud account with the free 4 hour window. My own mistake here, I have been on the fence for buying the 7day service for some time now but never made the plunge, and now I am paying for my mistake.

I have contacted the police and they have confirmed a break in.

Are the recordings kept after the 4 hour window has passed? According to the cloud app on my android device there are 38 recorded events from last night but I am unable to access beyond 4 hours. However, I awoke at 7am and quickly discovered my cameras were not responding to live access (only 1 of which was set up with the free cloud account) and I was able to view and download a video from 11:50pm through the app, roughly 7 hours prior to waking up and 3 hours outside of my free window.

Are these recordings still stored on the cloud system and they are recoverable? I will pay access to the last 24 hours. And will pay for service from this point forward.

I have called tech support but they said the recording are deleted after 4 hours. When I inquired about viewing and downloading a motion event from outside my free window they could not offer an explanation or any further help.

Thanks for any help.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Cloud: Are recordings kept after the 4hour free window? Break and enter recorded...

Post by Melvin »

Hi jms83,

If you are using free cloud plan you can only able to access past 4 hours recordings anything behind that time will be deleted.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

jms83

Re: Cloud: Are recordings kept after the 4hour free window? Break and enter recorded...

Post by jms83 »

How was I able to view a motion event from outside my free 4 hour window? Was the video file also stored locally on my phone? Or are all events only in the cloud servers?

Also, my second camera was stolen along with some other items. Is there a way to track the camera by serial number in the event they have reset it and are attempting to use it?