clicking sound

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bradcon

clicking sound

Post by bradcon »

I have 3 IP2M841 cameras that I just purchased a couple weeks ago and one of them I noticed frequently making a clicking sound. When this happens it occurs about every 5-10 seconds. The camera isn't moving when it makes this noise. When I attempt to access it remotely, it's also offline. Unplugging it for a few minutes seems to help, but eventually it will happen again, maybe a day or two later. Any thoughts? Is this a bad camera?
lapeste007

Re: clicking sound

Post by lapeste007 »

I hear the same sound, it is usually when the IR is turning on
XeroHertZ

Post by XeroHertZ »

It's something to do with Night Vision...the sound is normal..if you don't want night vision you can turn it off from the settings instead of Auto
jeremyhu

Post by jeremyhu »

This is incredibly annoying. Amcrest, please fix this with a software update. You should not be continually cycling between IR and visible. Fix the auto algorithm to better handle these transition periods.

And BTW, setting "Night Vision" to "OFF" doesn't actually disable this feature, so I don't see a viable workaround right now.

D&N Sensitivity doesn't seem to help much either.
PeZzy

Post by PeZzy »

It's not the night vision....it's the switching between color and B&W that causes the clicks.