Chime kit

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dakwest

Chime kit

Post by dakwest »

Since the chime kit is no longer available with the video doorbell AD410, does anyone have a workaround for using this doorbell with a standard chime unit.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Chime kit

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

So if you are going off the page of what is included I wouldn't take that as the only thing that it comes with. However if you are saying this because you bought one from Amcrest Website. Not off Ebay or Amazon but from Amcrest website and it didn't come with one maybe contact Amcrest and find out of it should have come with one! Because I know there are way to many AD410 that have been killed for testing on the desk without using the Chime Kit. So why would they offer the camera without one?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
dakwest

Post by dakwest »

I have contacted Amcrest and the AD410 does in fact ship without the chime kit. In a phone call to Amcrest, they indicated that the Chime Kit has "NO ETA". If you look at their website, there are many products listed as "OUT OF STOCK". I suspect this to be a supply chain issue with China...don't really know. I want to order a complete Amcrest System but am now hesitant because of this issue.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I believe the confusion here is the "chime kit" is not the separate wireless AD1-Chime product. That product has been out of stock for a long time and was never included with any doorbell.

The actual AD110/AD410 chime kit isn't a chime at all, but a matchbox-size device that installs inside an existing chime to stabilize the voltage for the smart doorbell. It would be inconceivable for Amcrest to package the doorbell without one, and if that occurred, it was surely a repackaged return.

I don't understand that when contacting Amcrest Support, how this product/naming confusion wasn't clarified. Since you want to use your existing chime, you are good to go with the AD410 when installing its included voltage stabilizer (aka chime kit).
dakwest

Post by dakwest »

I thought I was very clear with them on what I was talking about. I will try again to clarify...maybe someone a little higher up in the chain.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

What else do you need clarified? You can ask for help here if my reply wasn't already crystal clear that you have no need to purchase anything else.