Change File Directory Naming Scheme

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
neuman1812

Change File Directory Naming Scheme

Post by neuman1812 »

I have an ipm-751 connected to my NAS via SMB.

The folder naming and file naming is crazy.

Is there anyway to Modify these to make them human friendly? I really dont want to have to buy a different brand camera.

based on some google searching I think I know the answer, but I thought I'd ask just in case.
KeeterJ

Re: Change File Directory Naming Scheme

Post by KeeterJ »

neuman1812, I really agree with you on this one! I hate the way the folders and files are written when my IP2M-841's send to an FTP server. Interestingly, one of my cameras uses a different scheme. I have no idea why, but maybe years ago there was a way to modify it which I now forget

In the older versions of the firmware the configuration backup data file was in a JSON format that you could read as a text file. I see the format strings for the folder hierarchy and the filenames, so I'm encouraged there is a way to alter them. I have not had time to experiment with a way to alter them, but I'm hopefull.

For example "PicturePathRule" : "%y-%M-%d/%c/jpg/%h/%m/%s[%E][%O@%S][%R].jpg"

Here's a more detailed example:

Code: Select all

"StorageGroup" : [ {                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
"Channels" : [ { "MaxPictures" : 0, "Path" : null } ], "FileHoldTime" : 0, "Memo" : "For Reading & Writing Files", "Name" : "ReadWrite", "OverWrite" : true,
"PicturePathRule" : "%y-%M-%d/%c/jpg/%h/%m/%s[%E][%O@%S][%R].jpg", "RecordPathRule" : "%y-%M-%d/%c/dav/%h/%h.%m.%s-%h.%m.%s[%E][%O@%S][%R].%t"
}, { "Channels" : [ { "MaxPictures" : 0, "Path" : null } ], "FileHoldTime" : 0, "Memo" : "For FTP Files", "Name" : "Remote", "OverWrite" : true,
"PicturePathRule" : "%y-%M-%d/%hhour/jpg/%h.%m.%s[%E][%O@%S][%R].jpg", "RecordPathRule" : "%y-%M-%d/%hhour/mp4/%h.%m.%s-%h.%m.%s[%E][%O@%S][%R].%t"