Change Default Password For IP Config

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
apauley

Change Default Password For IP Config

Post by apauley »

Hello,

Our IP Config file constantly crashes or needs to reboot and each time we need to type our password in since it resets to the default "admin". Is there any way we can save our password in IP Config so that it remembers every time we open the app without needing to retype it?

Thanks,
Alan
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Change Default Password For IP Config

Post by Melvin »

Hello apauley ,

There is no option to save the passwords in Ipconfig. If what you mean is when you login to the web interface of the camera from a browser, it should ask you if you want to remember the password and you can say 'Yes'.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

apauley

Post by apauley »

Can you please change this in a future update to remember password in ipconfig? It's pretty annoying to have to enter it every time we reboot. :\ Thanks.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello apauley ,

I will pass on the feedback to the concerned department. Thank you for your understanding.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Amcrest Wayne

Post by Amcrest Wayne »

There is no question to save a password for the camera login. The login for the camera has to be put in very time you activate the camera. That is for security.
Amcrest Wayne

Post by Amcrest Wayne »

IPCONFIG is not written to have a login. It sole purpose is to house all cameras on the network. This allows one or more cameras to be activated from one screen. It also shows the MAC address, IP address, etc. No login needed for that.
shinyhalo

Post by shinyhalo »

@Amcrest Wayne That does not seem to be true. When I exit the ConfigTool program and then open the program again, I can not simply click the Gear Icon and access the settings. If I do that, I get a "Connection Failed" message.
First, I have to click Settings
Second, I have to change the damn default password every single time
Third, finally, I can finally change the recording settings BACK to how I want them because they always default back to lousy blurry recording settings

So yeah, I would also like for ConfigTool to remember the password I type into Settings. I tried that but neither Login nor Settings remembers it.

I would also like for the recording settings to be remembered too on everything (camera, nvr, web interface, cloud, etc.). When my camera loses power or I turn it off, it reverts back to USELESS settings that capture blurry video. It's a shame because with the correct settings, the cameras produce useful clear video. It's a shame that the management software doesn't match the quality of the cameras.
tnorton712

Post by tnorton712 »

Melvin wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:02 am Hello apauley ,

There is no option to save the passwords in Ipconfig. If what you mean is when you login to the web interface of the camera from a browser, it should ask you if you want to remember the password and you can say 'Yes'.
I completely agree this is so stupid to not have this fixed... it screams Garbage company!
jpsoutlook

Post by jpsoutlook »

This is so silly, having to type the password in everytime. Please allow us to change default password and save.
jpsoutlook

Post by jpsoutlook »

jpsoutlook wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:48 am This is so silly, having to type the password in everytime. Please allow us to change default password and save.
can anyone figure out where the default user/pass is saved so we can edit it? file or registry?