CGI SDK no longer functioning on 17r?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
MrRusch

Re: CGI SDK no longer functioning on 17r?

Post by MrRusch »

@jantman - I have a similar approach. I have a FreeBSD jail set up to reencode the RTSP stream to MJPEG using ffmpeg on demand, and then serve this through a Basic auth:ed nginx server. The RTSP stream can be taken from the main stream, thus allowing quality to prevail. Whenever the stream is requested, I trigger a time-boxed reencoding and access the reencoded stream via nginx. As the fetching of the RTSP stream manages the Digest authorization, I can use Basic auth to fetch the resources from a web page. Using XMLHttpRequest in Javascript to authorize the resource request, and then redirect an embedded Iframe to the resource. And don't forget to set the "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" header in nginx if remote domain site, and SSL for some kind of security. Works, but the lengths one has to go to.. :x
inindev

Post by inindev »

What PTZ cams that support basic auth are people using?
JMCaldwell

Post by JMCaldwell »

inindev wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:36 pm What PTZ cams that support basic auth are people using?
I have the same question. Not looking for PTZ, but just a fixed Bullet Cam that has an accessible HTTP web server built-in with either no authentication or at least be able to pass a UN & PW in the URL. Any suggestions would be appreciated. What other brands of network cameras have live feed accessible with a URL with basic authentication?