Cant use Amcrest Surveillance PRO from an outside network

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cant use Amcrest Surveillance PRO from an outside network

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK I thought I will Offer one more thing that I didn't think about until after you wrote... After this I am sorry I don't know enough of the issue. While I do have from time to time an issue with the DHNETSDK error I forgot that 2 things that I did in the past...

One not saying you want to do this as it is how you connect but Port Forwarding was one issue that I have found to be an issue.. However I have only changed this option in the last 4 hours Geez lol Forgot to change it in my DVR that it is going too Opps. I do this after this post..lol...

Second issue that I have not had for long while in my Password That is some Special Characters added to a Password may be an issue? I am not saying it is for sure. I am saying that before I port forwarded my system things went much smoother after I changed my Password to only 14 letters and numbers in the password... Before I was having connection issues and the DHNETSDK error came only rare but did... However I didn't think about it because had loads of other things on my mind... But I have had one of my cameras Port Forwarded and Port Opened. Now all back to normal settings and moved the Port back to 80 and for the last 4+ hours it has been like a dream connecting to this camera. It is even a Wifi camera. Sadly I didn't think of it until after I wrote and made the changes. I haven't had one SDK error since changing back to normal and I have connected over ASP, SeaMonkey, IE, Chrome View App and a Different Brand PSS all without error. Today only change was Changing port

Not saying it is a Solution just something to check. Maybe if you have Special Characters in your Pass change that first see if that helps at all...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Sorry I am not going to remove port forwarding on my cameras when they are working fine remotely with IE and Chrome and also ASP has established connection using IP/port.

How many times should I repeat that I am able to establish connection to my camera using ASP with IP/port forwarding and that I can see my camera SN and the settings from ASP. Just cant play back or live view. If ASP is able to access the camera and even list the recorded videos but not play back, it is unlikely due to port forwarding. So lets not ruin the method that is already working with IE and Chrome.

To solve this problem one has to answer the following questions.

1) What the heck is DHNETSDK? There is not much on the net about this. But if the error is reported, someone has coded this and someone ought to know what the heck it is. Please dont ask me to update any drivers. That is the lamest solution offered on the internet for any problem

2) What is the source of this error? Is it from the camera or from ASP or from the PC

3) Why is this error not coming when remotely viewing using IE or Chrome and comes only when using ASP.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

DHNETSDK = Dahua Network Software Development Kit

and why is it reporting an error when trying to do the live view or play back recordings?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I guess you don't understand.... That is good. While i knew better then to post.. I thought I would TELL YOU what I personally found. I did mention that that you didn't want to... So since I posted that. My connection to this camera only one that ever had that error. That error hasn't come back....

Last part of my last writing should have kind of gave you the whole Idea that I didn't think the whole Port Forwarding thing was what you would want to hear or want to change. That is why I finished it off with your Password as a Place to start. If you have any Special & or ! or $*#^ maybe start with the easy part and try changing your Password...

SO in closing today... Good luck with your Cameras. I hope you find what keeps you from being happy. Won't have to worry about hearing from me on any topic from you here on... Happy Holiday and may Peace and Happiness find you.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
ratkindler

Post by ratkindler »

Did the OP figure this out? I've got the same problem. I can access my camera from outside the home network using IE and Tinycam Pro but not ASP. I get the same error that OP gets. ASP sees the camera as online but can't get the video for some reason.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Nope. I tried from a network without any firewall and still the same error.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Suggestion:
Try using SmartPSS at your remote PC instead of ASP 1 . It's 3-4 years more current than ASP 1 and perhaps fixes the video problem. I use it, but do not have remote cameras. To get the current SmartPSS, go to https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-surve ... 13285.html