Cant get cameras to access web ui

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
torrey99

Cant get cameras to access web ui

Post by torrey99 »

I have cameras and NVR that I cant access the web ui with, Ive never accessed web ui since i got them, I just had them on my NVR and didn't
know the only way to change cameras IP is with web ui. Ive had a neighbor hack my cameras so Im worried they registered my cameras with web ui before I could and now I cant access the web ui atall even with the NVR's IP. Im also worried they have the S/N #'s if all cameras cuz I know they got the NVR s/n # for sure.

I think I read somewhere the cameras and NVR have to be on the same IP range or something like that,
my cameras ip's are 10.1.1.128 , 10.1.1.129 then my NVR is 192.168.0.128 . Gateway 192.168.0.1
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cant get cameras to access web ui

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

So there is some issues with what I see.. From the sounds of this your Camera is on a POE NVR from the IP ranges that your showing?

So what is the Model of NVR and Model of Cameras?

The NVR Default setup would normally be something like 192.168.1.108 so someone must have setup your NVR for that Static IP? Or that was next in your Router Pool.. Next that Range of IP for the Cameras sounds like they are on a Second Grid IP setup of the Switch. The NVR has under Network a tab that is called Switch.. By stock that IP is 10.1.1.1 for the Switch and starts on Port 1 with 10.1.1.65 normally. Then first 4 would be as follows 66, 67 and 68 then on some machines they can keep going in order however on others they can change and go up to the 10.1.1.128 and so on.

So then the question that you have to ask. Did they hack your cameras? Well seeing they are behind your NVR if he/she didn't take the camera and make a connection to them a camera at a time and hack them because the default password was used then when that camera was connected back tot he NVR then yes the NVR wouldn't have access if they changed the password...

So then the next question is did you have the cameras first connected to your Network for setting them up? Gave them a new Password? If that is the case then when you connect the camera to the back of the NVR when it connects to the new IP that the switch will give it by default the camera will try to setup as admin admin so if you changed the password just going to the NVR GUI and going to main menu, then camera and click on the Camera with Red dot and click the pencil and edit the password to the one you had setup..

Or if there was once a Camera on that port that had a different password it might have tried to use that same admin and pass from past camera so in that case going to the same as above and change the password to admin to see if that will connect..

Then I can't help you without knowing what Model of NVR. As there are Via WebUI some models that has a Virtual Host you need to turn on like my 4116E-HS and others like that model will need to turn on Virtual Host, However my 4216E-AI NVR has Virtual Host Already enabled without a on or off..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
torrey99

Post by torrey99 »

my model number is NV4108E-HS and I never did connect the cameras to my network to setup just directly to the NVR and they auto plug and played.
my nvr ip says DHCP not static but I haven't seen it change in a few weeks i think.
when I try to change the cameras password on the NVR GUI it wont let me edit it at all.
the cameras are two IP5M-T1179EW-28MM and four IP8M-T2599EW
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry I am not 100% sure what you mean about not letting you edit it at all? Are you trying to in the area of the Pictures below?

If you have a open port have you tried to move the cameras to a different port to see if maybe they will come back online?

Also in the devices if you want to access a camera that is behind your NVR it will need to be done using WebUI over the NVR's IP and in the NVR you will need to have the Virtual Host enabled.
Screenshot (1713).png
Screenshot (1713).png (163.94 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
Screenshot (1712).png
Screenshot (1712).png (175.86 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
Screenshot (1714).png
Screenshot (1714).png (116.28 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
this is area for WebUI if you wanted to edit a camera on the NVR's POE port pressing the e will open a port if you have Virtual host enabled
Screenshot (1715).png
Screenshot (1715).png (103.67 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If it would help I made A Video you can find here...
https://youtu.be/oIdbookn6qw

Something to remember when you log in your cameras for the first time using admin admin you will be made to change the password. Now in the video I show where you would make that change for the new password however you can also do that within the NVR's WebUI page as well if it is easier to use the keyboard for the input...

Also something I didn't put in there is if you look at the Cameras I would double check to make sure someone didn't add a new log in if your afraid that someone hacked your cameras.. From the WebUI seeing they are connected on the NVR you can also do a Software Factory Default if you need. JUst remember that after a factory reset most times admin admin is going to need to be used by default unless it is my Amcrest 850eb lol they retain ip and password for all accounts so in that case again double check make sure that there is no extra users that you didn't make..

Hope that was helpful if your still stuck.
Be Safe
torrey99

Post by torrey99 »

My NVR looks a bit different then yours ill post some screenshots also, I dont see virtualhost anywhere.
also I can edit the cameras username/password but when I click apply/save the camera goes offline then if i put admin/admin back it goes back online.
there is what looks like a second user account that I didnt make and I cant delete it either. I guess ill look into doing a factory reset when I get some time.

https://imgur.com/OrpeUYP
https://imgur.com/l12LPJ5
https://imgur.com/4o31WiR
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So only 1 of 2 things can be. 1 either your using a normal 4108E or your 4108E-HS is using old FW and I am sure there is still a Virtual Host option that needs to be turned on if it hasn't already. Your 3 pictures are showing the GUI of the NVR and I don't see any from the WebUI login.. Going to your NVR's WebUI like I do show in my Video, If you see the e on the right when looking at the camera options area then Virtual Host is enabled. Please post a picture like the my last picture above. So log into your NVR's WebUI

I explain it in my Video in my last post.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I looked at my 4018E and it is different then yours so that makes me think yours has to be a HS. In my old FW 4108E when I log into the webUI you can see at 10.0.0.224 and going to main menu, camera I can click on a e to gain access to the camera that camera I have connected is a Dahua on that NVR.. you will need to right click open image in new tab to see port number for my older unit when I click the e in the WebUI of the NVR for camera
Screenshot (1724).png
Screenshot (1724).png (94.02 KiB) Viewed 989 times
Screenshot (1725).png
Screenshot (1725).png (72.28 KiB) Viewed 989 times
Be Safe
Reddogg99

Post by Reddogg99 »

I do have the 4180-hs, not sure exactly what you mean, I still cant access the WebGui just the NVR and heres a screenshot, doesnt show virtualhost or e logo anywhere.
https://imgur.com/l12LPJ5

Im also really concerned about that second account in user groups that I can't delete. I know they have access somehow just based on the logs, theres tons of mods and logs listed that I didn't do. like Saving p2p config ect.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Sorry it has been to long since I have seen the older FW and I can't remember where the V Host is on the OLD FW in the new one it just makes sense to be under Network tab..

So please do this.. I can't find it anywhere in any of the older Videos I have before I did the Update to 4.0, I don't want to tell people to do the update as that is cool seeing if you didn't like the new look you wouldn't be able to go back..

So here are a few things that come to mind... Log in to the NVR's WebUI. Then go to the Network area in there and see if the toggle is there, If not go to the Switch area and see if it is in there. On my 4116E-HS with NEW FW it is under Network..

In my Older 4108E there is no switch to turn on or off but when I log into the WebUI of the NVR and I go to the Camera area of the NVR, the e is there on the right...

Just to be Clear, As I said in my Video, You can't access these cameras from the GUI of the NVR you have to log into the NVR's WebUI.. The picture you are showing is of the NVR GUI you log into the NVR's WebUI by going to your computer, typing in your case, 192.168.0.128 and pressing enter, Then log in with your user name and pass.. I would look around the UI and your looking for Virtual Host or if in the Camera area as I said if it has the e you can access but that would be off the WebUI of the NVR...
Be Safe