cant download recordings from microSD on IP8M-2496EB

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mupimohan

cant download recordings from microSD on IP8M-2496EB

Post by mupimohan »

J just bought IP8M-2496EB.

I am able to record on the microSD card and also play back. But I am not able to download the recordings to the PC from the web interface using Internet Explorer. If I click the download button it just stays at 0%. I tried H264 and H265 and same issue. I also have the 4MP camera IP4M-1026W and I have no problem downloading the recordings from the SD card on the 4MP camera.

I have already done the factory reset. The SD card works just fine on the 4MP camera. I have also formated the SD card.

The image isnt significantly better than the 4MP camera i.e I dint get much more details when I zoom in. So if the download isnt working, then this is going back.
Last edited by mupimohan on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: cant download recordings from microSD on IP8M-2496EB

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello. Sorry to hear your having some issues with a Camera. I have a couple of questions?

One are you saying that you can DL from your 4MP camera on the same SD card that your trying to use on the new camera? Or is it a different card all together?
Two, What are you trying to DL from? APP on phone? on computer? or ??
Three, What format do you DL in? Like the options I always pick AVI myself.
Four, How is the connection between your Camera and router and your DLing device and router?

I ask the 4th question because your able to play them and should be able to DL them as well. However if there is a Bottleneck in the connection it could just Error out with lost packets. Or could be just a Network Traffic Jam...

James
Be Safe.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

I formatted the old card. Also tried a new card. Please dont ask me about the brand. If the camera can record to the card and playback from the same card but cant download, it is not the SD card brand that causes the problem.

Use a PC connected by ethernet.

Ethernet for camera. This is a POE camera.

I tried both using an Amcrest original 12V power adapter and a Netgear POE switch. This is the only camera on the 5 port POE switch.

I am not asked to pick any format during downloading. I just click the download button. When I download from the 4MP camera they come as mp4 files
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Please stop using network as cause for all issues.
If there is a network jam, the camera wont be able to playback either.
Like I said, it is connected via ethernet. PC is not surfing or doing anything on the network except accessing the camera's web interface.

Also, the ends of the frame are totally blurry and not usable at all. There is marginal improvement in detail when I zoom in, compared to 4MP camera. The image is just crappy under low light. It is totally washed out. See image attached below
Last edited by mupimohan on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Here is a screen shot of the 4k camera. The image is washed out, lacks sharpness and contrast.
As you can see the left and right ends of the image are blurry compared to the middle of the image. I thought it could be due to the light there in the background. But it is the same at different light conditions also.

It looks like the image suffers at the ends of the FOV. It is not necessary to have such wide FOV as most of the pixels are wasted in capturing unimportant things at the ends of the FOV. It is better to limit the FOV to 90 and capture the things in that range with details. It is pointless to use such wide FOV and render an useless lousy image.

Used highest frame rate, highest bit rate, highest image quality setting. H264 or 265 didnt make a difference.

And for some reason the bit rate is shown as 42196 kbps at the top left corner when the max the camera allows is some 10000+ kbps when using H264
Attachments
4k.jpg
4k.jpg (181.94 KiB) Viewed 893 times
Last edited by mupimohan on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Here is another image taken when there is more sun light. The SUV at the left is not too far from the camera. May be 40 feet. It is just blurry at best. The house behind the SUV and the basketball post are all blurry. The main reason I got the 4k camera was that I get more details when I zoom in. But I am not getting.
Last edited by mupimohan on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello again. Happy 4th of July...

Sorry if I asked to much questions. Sadly I am not there and have to ask questions to try and better help you with this problem. I guess you have made up your mind about this. That is your right.

My questions were only trying to help point you in the area of concern.

I am only a End Consumer and thought you asked for some ideas to help with the situation and that was only reason for questions...

The Pictures you took is that from the Camera inside looking out through Glass or is it mounted outside?

Bigger isn't always Better. you might want to think about a few cameras or a PTZ camera if you need better Focal or fov. You might be better off using cameras with Varifocal lenses. That way you can get the Detail and FOV you want from each camera. That was main reason PTZ was in the part because you can have a lot of different cameras in one with many Viewing areas. Sadly you would want a Wide FOV for normal recording with the PTZ to catch the detail you want at any given time. While my ideas are just that. I am just trying to give ideas that might better enhance you safety and happiness...

Be Safe
James
Be Safe.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

I thought you are the James from Amcrest support? Looks like you are not.
BillGilbert39

Post by BillGilbert39 »

In support of 'mupimohan' describing no download of clips from SD card. I have a IP8M-2499EW, 4K Fixed focus CAM. Installed in June 2019. Same issue. Will not download motion clips.I can download them on the other Amcrest camera I have, the IP4M-T1053_PTZ. Offering a firmware fix for the IP8M that might brick the camera didn't seem like a good approach. I can download clips using Surveillance Pro, so Amcrest told me the issue was likely in the WEB View App. I do have pretty good resolution in the 4K clips but a standard needs to be applied to judge that. Lets say, Can I read 2" text at 50 feet? Well Almost. I put a 11X17 sheet of paper about 55 feet from Camera: First line of 1" text is "The Brown Fox Jumped", The second line of 1.5" Text is "AMCREST", Third line of 2" Text is "HELLO 2!". I believe the clarity is mostly a factor of the compression technique. I have no doubt it could read a license plate at 50 to 75 feet. I tried Snapshots, Recording in DAV, not MP4, and changed the encode mode between H265 and H264, and bit rates between 2K BPS and 6K BPS but it made no significant difference in clarity in the zoomed-in image. I have a 2560X1440 32" Samsung Monitor, so even in Full screen 1:1, a cropped image fills the screen but does not improve readability. Anyway, I hope this will affirm your experience. I am satisfied with the camera images. But the on-board firmware and software from Amcrest is lacking in many respects if it is to be more than a niche product. I REALLY wanted the SD card motion captures to fulfill my needs, but clearly it cannot. The instant record button only captures in DAV which is only viewable in the Amcrest viewer, a pain, and it cannot convert to MP4. If motion clips are made in MP4 so should the RECORD function. I purchased the Blue Iris Deal on the AMCREST web site, and being a prior user have experience with it, but that is another learning curve, ya know? And it *cannot* open the SD card. AND just as another FYI the Web Viewer is a significant processor burden. I have a i5-6500, 32GB Ram, Samsung 1TB SSD, (Windows 10 pro) and just one instance of the Amcrest Web Viewer on the 4K CAM runs the CPU at 45% load. Not going to invest $300 in an i7 for a small improvement. THE SD card issue is continuing to be a nag for Amcrest - they really need to address this. Individual SD motion clips cannot be deleted, the SD file viewer cannot repeat, or rewind. That whole SD file management system needs rework. I did some aerospace software testing and debugging in my career, so I have reasonable standards. The experience helps to define the shortcomings but it also raises one's expectations. In retirement, I have programmed Arduino IOT products (YUN) and have a small farm of the devices running on my home network along with a couple of web pages.
Attachments
Full_Screen_1-1.jpg
Full_Screen_1-1.jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 885 times
The Brown Fox Jumped.pdf
(14.16 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
4K_Text.jpg
4K_Text.jpg (26.05 KiB) Viewed 885 times
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

BillGilbert39

Thank you for providing more information on this issue and I'll add this information with the other information we already provided to the R&D team. However, I do understand the significance and the frustration this may cause. When issues like this one are brought up, we do our everything possible to troubleshoot and then proceed to gather as much information possible to assist with the investigation process.

I do understand Blue Iris can be a bit of a learning curve and we are working with Blue Iris team closely to find ways to help bring this learning curve down.

To address the Chrome web view, our R&D team are working hard on a new solution which is also in the beta stages. This solution can be found in other beta posts and will include JS as a solution and remove the need for the web view along with removing the use of a plug in to access the camera's web UI.

I am assuming that you be referring to the beta firmware.

The Beta firmware provided does not brick the camera. Was a possible bug found? Yes, and our R&D team will need to investigate it further and provide a fix on a future beta test firmware. Just to clarify, just because the camera does not work for a specific intended use by a customer, does not define it is "bricked". Bricked is defined when the camera is completely inaccessible at all. For example, when the firmware causes the camera to overheat due overworking the chipset processor. Beta firmware is tested on a basic level. We have a basic list of most looked features that is tested prior to posting as a beta by our R&D team and we greatly appreciate the feedback that is provided to us by the community. While we are receiving feedback from the community here, our team then does a more thorough test along with looking for any typos. The beta testing definitely speeds up the process and allow us to work on fixes prior to releasing the firmware. I, personally, do Beta testing for all sorts of products (not just Amcrest) and there is an inherent at your own risk that comes along with testing phases. For me this a challenge and fun part of knowing that I played a part in the product being helpful for others. For anyone who is doesn't understand that, beta testing is probably not for them. Beta testing is completely optional but it is greatly appreciated by everyone who does assist us with the testing process. When an issue does arise, we address them individually and see what options we may have available for that case.

I apologize for any misunderstanding or inconvenience this may have caused.