cant download recordings from microSD on IP8M-2496EB

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
BillGilbert39

Re: cant download recordings from microSD on IP8M-2496EB

Post by BillGilbert39 »

Thank you [mromamcrest] for the update and clarifications. I had initially elected not to update the firmware using the 'beta' version because I was under the impression (correct me if I am wrong here) that a hard reset was needed after the update. Is that true? It would require my dismounting the camera, and disassembly. If a hard reset is not required I will do the update test for Amcrest and report my experience. I too am happy to contribute as I think the 4K CAM is a great value. Also if the firmware update resolves some issues, I can immediately return the replacement I ordered from AMAZON unused and get a credit now as I won't need it.
mromamcrest

Re: cant download recordings from microSD on IP8M-2496EB

Post by mromamcrest »

BillGilbert39,

Hard resets are recommended after a firmware upgrade to finalize the upgrade but there is a restore to default settings available within the Web UI which will essentially finalize the setting done from a firmware update. This is useful for cases where they are mounted in harder to reach places. Just to clarify though the Restore does not bring all settings to Defaults and for troubleshooting purposes a hard factory reset may still be required.

I will provide an article that show how to use this feature.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... -Settings-
jack7

Re: BillGilbert39 post 25257 in "cant download recordings from microSD on IP8M-2496EB"

Post by jack7 »

BillGilbert39 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:33 am(Post excerpts regarding Web UI) ...The instant record button only captures in DAV which is only viewable in the Amcrest viewer, a pain, and it cannot convert to MP4. If motion clips are made in MP4 so should the RECORD function... AND just as another FYI the Web Viewer is a significant processor burden... Individual SD motion clips cannot be deleted, the SD file viewer cannot repeat, or rewind...
I think all the things you want to do can be done in Amcrest Surveillance Pro(ASP), except deleting single SD card files. You can also access the Web UI through ASP if needed.
All motion detect files stored on SD card are DAV. ASP can export as ASF, AVI, MP4, or DAV, and has batch export.
If you click Record while using ASP Liveview, recordings will be saved as DAV on HD. Then by using ASP Playback, you can view those DAV recordings or export them using ASF, AVI, MP4, or DAV. You must specify Local instead of Device before doing a Search. Using Device it will do the same thing for SD card files. ASP Playback provides file backward/forward, frame by frame backward/forward, and speed change.
No SD card single file delete but you can Overwrite files when SD card full, specify to delete anything X days old using Auto Maintain, or delete all by clicking Format.
As far as processor load, I think you'll find that most PC programs that can control and display full function 4K IP cameras will use lots of cycles.

Jack