Cannot Connect My Amcrest IP8M-T2499EB-28mm

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
GadgetJim57

Cannot Connect My Amcrest IP8M-T2499EB-28mm

Post by GadgetJim57 »

I connected my Amcrest camera to my Amcrest 4-Port PoE Switch, which is connected with Ethernet Cable to my Victony WA1200 WiFi Extender. But my Amcrest camera still will not connect. I'm wondering … Do I need a special PoE Ethernet Cable ? I tried connecting directly to my router to set up, but does not work. Tech Support told me that I need a special PoE Router. They told me that the PoE Switch will work though. I'm guessing that I need to get a special PoE Ethernet Cable ... ?
patgreen

Re: Cannot Connect My Amcrest IP8M-T2499EB-28mm

Post by patgreen »

I can't tell you what your problem is, but I can tell you what it's not. There is no such thing as a special POE Ethernet cable. POE uses normal cables. However, please try different cables. If one of yours happens to be bad - let's say one of the pairs isn't connected at both ends, it is possible it won't work for POE but might still work for just Ethernet depending on which pair is broken. Good luck.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@GadgetJim57 Hello and Welcome to the forum...

I can't say there is no and yes when it comes to Cables.. I can tell you that you can and I have destroyed a POE camera using Fake Cables.. To be honest I am going to guess I killed 2..

First and foremost I want to SAY AVOID CCA cables like the Plague... It is hard to tell if the cables you have are real or not but one of the tell tell signs that a cable isn't going to be good is if you can flatten the cable in your fingers pushing the cable between your thumb and for finger...

Then REAL POE cable? I am going to guess that there are some people out there that are selling cables that are called POE cables that really are not and infact may not even have all the pairs connected from one end to the other. Some might even have a 2 pair or 3 pair cable that is setup for network cameras and call them POE cables but don't be fooled...

You want cables that are 4 pair terminated at each end. You want cables that are Terminated in T568B format (That is how I prefer mine) however there are others that run on only IEEE af data pairs only and I think what they might have been talking about is making sure to buy Cables that are setup in IEEE af Date Spares format because that will work with the 12 and 24v Intel format... (RX, RX, TX, DC+, DC+, TX, DC-, DC-) There are some that have the - and + backwards just make sure to keep an eye out for what you have and all pairs are Terminated

The main issue for some people when it comes to buying a Switch or Injector is what one do I need? Then there is a new one coming out as well... However most times what is important is to know if your camera or Hardware is an (af format or at format) af format is POE and at format is POE+ the other one I can't think what it is called right now as I don't have any thing that it matters... Next thing to remember is most or some anyway Switches are not FULL POE(+) enabled.. Like my Cisco 24port POE is only 12ch POE but 24 port for network enabled devices and my HP POE+ Switch is the same 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 are only ones that provide POE on both Switches... While some of the smaller 8ch might be 4 and or all 8 depending on type and there might be others like a 4port that has 5 ports because one is an Uplink port so make sure your using the right port for POE and the right type for POE+ if that is what is needed....
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

GadgetJim57 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:17 pm Tech Support told me that I need a special PoE Router. They told me that the PoE Switch will work though. I'm guessing that I need to get a special PoE Ethernet Cable ... ?
You need to determine if the camera is even powering up and trying to obtain an IP address..., or determine its default ip address (if it is actually powering up) and change it to conform to your network's subnet (if it's a default static address), or set the camera to DHCP to automatically obtain an address appropriate for your network.

This may or may not help: https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... l-Download

Good luck.