Cannot connect cameras outside USA over SN

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
scelikcapa

Cannot connect cameras outside USA over SN

Post by scelikcapa »

hello, this issue is weird a little bit. Hope someone helps

My company has many Amcrest IP cameras (different models like IP2M-841W-V3, IP2M-841S, IP3M-956W, IP3M-941B, etc. )

After setup (only wifi connection done and new password. nothing is changed after that) there is no problem reaching them over SN if the client in the USA but outside the USA we cannot reach SOME OF THEM over SN. Very strange cause for some of them, no problem connecting over SN even if we are abroad.

I check from amcrestview.com and see that the cameras that we cannot reach from abroad seem offline. But they are reachable from the USA at the same time

I would be very grateful for any help

Thank you
scelikcapa

Re: Cannot connect cameras outside USA over SN

Post by scelikcapa »

Also, the problem is the same when connecting over Amcrest Surveillance Pro or APP
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear that. I have been trying to help another with kind of the same issue. Come to find out that they can't connect to my 841's over P2P but I can. They can over my 841v3 however so it is strange that your v3 isn't connecting.. Old FW and New FW 841's no connection on P2P but they can connect to my 850EB.. They also can't connect to my 956EB over P2P even though I can.. So it is strange and they are in the USA.

So you mention that you can't see I miss understood and said it was seen on amcresview dot com but I see that isn't what you said that they can be seen in the USA? Is someone from USA making a connection but your no longer able to?

Maybe something needs a Reboot in the Amcrest Farm of Servers? Or might be an issue not related to Amcrest at all.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
scelikcapa

Post by scelikcapa »

hello @Revo2Maxx

thank you for your reply

I take a screenshot from amcrestview.com.You can see offline cameras there but these cameras can be reachable by people from the USA. But others from outside cannot reach them. For Green Cameras, no problem. they can be connected from everywhere

Actually, I am not sure about the inside/outside USA thing. Because we don't try it for every country but to be more specific, our some employers are in Turkey now, and all of them cannot reach these cameras. My opinion about inside/outside the USA is related to this example

This is a really big problem for us. Hope you find out why

Thank you
Screenshot 2021-12-30 143727.png
Screenshot 2021-12-30 143727.png (62.59 KiB) Viewed 495 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Talking with Amcrest, They mention that you should reach out Via the Website Support area for your devices, This way they can get more info that I can't get seeing this is over the Forum and they would be in contact over Amcrest support emails. With that info they would better be able to pass it onto the R&D Department for more investigation in this matter.. Sorry I was much help in the matter and look forward to find out what and when it gets solved.
Be Safe
scelikcapa

Post by scelikcapa »

ok thank you @Revo2Maxx . I will try to connect via website support. Hope they return
sig

Post by sig »

I was working with Revo on a similar issue but I am located within the US. The resolve to my problem was to use a VPN service such as Express VPN, Nord VPN or other. I then chose a server located closer to my cameras than my current location. It worked like a charm. All cameras came to life after over 10 days of unexplained darkness. As it turned out, any server I chose, including London, UK, worked. But my current ISP still blocks something... or Amcrest needs to reset their servers. We have not been able to determine, after many, many hours of experimentation, who is to blame. But, together with Revo (great guy and very knowledgeable) we concluded beyond a shadow of a doubt,that location mattered.

I should add that I am connected via P2P.

One other note - There are free VPN services but I would be very reluctant to use them out of security concerns. Trust me on that.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So what I still can't understand is one of your cameras is same type and FW as one of mine, I was able to connect to yours and you to mine and with as close as I am to your remote camera location I thought for sure mine wouldn't work either for you. Then out of all the ones we tried, I am just glad we took the steps we did before having your cameras Reset (Didn't do it) because had you without the others things we tried, you might have just called it a dead camera when we know they are alive and working now with your VPN..

Funny thing is I have not used A V dot com for the longest time. I did today and I don't know if I click on the eyeball I get please wait and nothing pops up.. I will be passing that along with the SSL being outdated since the 17th so they can look into that as well. I doubt that is the issue but I have heard stranger things. Also what is odd for me is I don't having a Green light or red one for that matter under status, I know that it has to have it logged in because it knows the devices Mac address and I am sure it didn't pull that from the SN so it has to have had some contact with the camera. I just can't view over the website using Firefox on Ubuntu

In the end I am just glad to hear something is working even if it is only a Work around that I hope won't be needed for to long. Glad to have tried to help. Thanks for passing along the info about what others can do for the time being that might be having the same issues.. It was nice talking with you and trying to help.
Be Safe