Can two mobile phones have access to a single camera?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
CDubb

Can two mobile phones have access to a single camera?

Post by CDubb »

Hi, I recently bought the IP3M-941B IPM, to watch over my Grandma. I was able to add and access the cam on my phone, but can't seem to get it working on my Mom's. I entered the same info (password ,etc.) on her phone and I keep getting a message "Username or Password is wrong".

Am I doing something wrong or the camera can only be assigned to one phone? :?:
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can two mobile phones have access to a single camera?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. Sorry your having some problems.. While I am not aware of what that could be. I have multiple phones connected to my Amcrest Camera. Android and IOS alike.

So things to look over well. When you enter admin or if you changed the username make sure it is just as it is spelt...Also with your Password you will want to make sure that the Caps are where they belong... Also some phones are setup to Change to CAPS on lines of text by default.

So like if your password was PaSsWorD then it needs to be as such in all. I know you know this maybe the password was with lower letter for the first but the phone auto made a Cap sadly it is hard to tell what the problem is I am just trying to give some ideas of what it might be... I can't remember if there is a EYE to click on to see the Password when you type it or not. If there is I would make sure it is right...
Be Safe.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

In addition to what Revo2Mxx says, if it's the same for that model camera as mine, in the menu setup/network/connections there is a setting for "Max Connections". Mine is set to allow 5 simultaneous connections which I think must be the default, I don't remember having changed it.

Also, have you tested the phones under the same connection conditions for example both at your Grandma's house and both connected to her wi-fi router and does your Mom's phone setup allow internet connections using mobile data.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
CDubb

Post by CDubb »

Thank you both for your replies to my issue. I think it could be a mistake on my part. But I will start from scratch and try to connect my mom's phone 1st. If that succeeds, then I will try mine afterwards. I will also try to use the "Max connections" setting and see if that works.

Thanks! :D