Can't View Cameras on Surveillance Pro

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hawkeye62

Can't View Cameras on Surveillance Pro

Post by hawkeye62 »

I have been having problems viewing my cameras on Surveillance Pro. I have seven cameras on my home network. All cameras are connected to an NVR 4108 to provide camera video recordings. I have been using Surveillance Pro to access the cameras, both Live View and Playback. Everything has been working perfectly for about three years. Now when I try to view a camera, I get a message that says, "searching videos" and nothing shows up. I can log in to an individual camera by putting the camera IP in my browser, but not in Surveillance Pro. I don't know if this is a Surveillance Pro issue or an NVR issue. I will appreciate any advice.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't View Cameras on Surveillance Pro

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So have to ask, is your device setup with IP or P2P? If your NVR is local to you I would setup for IP connection. So with your post, I get that you have your device connected, that it must be showing that it is online, because without being online you wouldn't have channel area of the device it would only show name of the device with a slashed o.

So if you are trying same camera from the lists and each time it fails could be a connection issue, however if you have tried all the cameras each with same results, my guess is device is connected P2P and there is an issue with your P2P connection even if on the same network it would try to access over P2P out of the local network, to a server pass off and back to a local connection
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Thanks for your reply. I am set up using IP. The failure is for all cameras on the network. When this failure occurs, I can login directly to any camera by entering the camera IP address in my browser. Right now, things are back to normal. But the failure will happen again.

Regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Just an update. This morning all cameras are online, but the 4108 is offline, so I can't view any camera with Surveillance Pro. I will focus on the 4108 for a solution.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Strange. All my devices are working SN and IP based devices. Only one was showing offline forgot I changed Password. Made change and it's back online. I use WebUI or monitor recorders GUI unless need extra monitoring station then will use ASP. All local devices would setup on IP only remote devices p2p for best results.
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Another update. Right now the 4108 and all cameras show as online. Yet, no camera can be viewed on Surveillance Pro.

Regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

OK, still another update. This morning at about 9:00 AM, I couldn't see anything on Surveillance Pro. I did nothing to trouble shoot. This evening at about 7:00 AM, everything is back to normal. I guess I will check ethernet cables as a next step. Maybe a replacement 4108 as a last gasp effort.

Regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Final update? Four days ago, I replaced the ethernet cable between the 4108 and the switch in my home network. I haven't had any issues with cameras not showing up on Surveillance Pro since.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome glad you got it sorted out for now. Hope things remain working well for you..

Happy Easter..
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

I hate to bring this up again, but the problem is back. In fact, it came back a few days after my March 31 post. I changed the ethernet cable to an unused port on the switch, didn't help. The problem is that when I start Surveillance Pro to check on my cameras, I never know if any cameras will show up. Sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't. When they don't show up, all devices including the 4108 show as online, same as when the cameras do show up. As I mentioned before, all cameras can be accessed if I login to any camera via my browser. I don't know what to check next. The only thing I can come up with is a "glitch" in Surveillance Pro or in the 4108. Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards, Jim