Can't view cameras away from home

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
geronimo

Can't view cameras away from home

Post by geronimo »

I've had my IPM723 cameras connected through an old router for a couple of months. I could view them on my phone anywhere I went. All features were working properly.

Today, I deleted all the cameras for my phone on Amcrest View Pro. I totally re-installed them onto a new Asus AC1900 router using View Pro. I went through each camera individually and did setup. Each camera is working properly and I can access them as long as my phone or computer is connected to that new router. However, I can no longer connect to the cameras from my phone away from home.

I realize it's probably just a setting on the new router. Can anyone here help me get this going again. I really don't want to go back to that old router again.

Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't view cameras away from home

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I will take a Guess. Did you set your cameras back up under the P2P or under IP connection? For my system anyway I have to many routers and they are on different IP's Only way I can access is back wards so if I log on my computer connected to my IP cameras Router I can access my network that is on my Server router because it is the DNS server for my IP camera router but I can't access my cameras from that Server router because the Firewall in that router will block it.

So for me I have my Camera setup P2P and i can access that over my phone on the Verizon network or other outside networks that I may connect to.

Screenshot_20190806-215244_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20190806-215244_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (138.55 KiB) Viewed 7775 times
Be Safe.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:01 pm I will take a Guess. Did you set your cameras back up under the P2P or under IP connection? For my system anyway I have to many routers and they are on different IP's Only way I can access is back wards so if I log on my computer connected to my IP cameras Router I can access my network that is on my Server router because it is the DNS server for my IP camera router but I can't access my cameras from that Server router because the Firewall in that router will block it.

So for me I have my Camera setup P2P and i can access that over my phone on the Verizon network or other outside networks that I may connect to.

Screenshot_20190806-215244_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Thanks for your response. Mine says P2P like yours. I just used the phone to re-install, don't know any other method. Just scan the serial number and follow the steps.

For some reason, I am now able to access all but one of the cameras. When I installed this camera, it did not give me the normal opportunity to change the password. When I opened the camera gui in Chrome, it asked me to change the password, which I did. Now, the phone has the wrong password on it and it won't let me change it. I guess I'll just re-install this camera again.

Thanks again.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

From the phone bring up the camera you can't view. Click on the Device Manager on the Left side, Then click the name of the camera in the list, Then click the little Pencil/pen looking thing. Then there you can change the password from what you had it to the new one without installing it again....
Be Safe.
Cindy1921

Post by Cindy1921 »

Hello, I am having issues where my parents and I have amcrest view pro app downloaded on our phones. We have 8 cameras on our house, but out of the three cameras we only see 3 two of them are from amcrest . But my father can’t view cameras on his phone anymore, and my mother can only view cameras when she is at home not away from home.

I also have this issue we’re in a screen we have connected the nvr in the cameras that we can’t see it only says invalid password how am I able to fix all this? Please help me !
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Cindy1921 Hello and Welcome to the forum

Sadly from what it sounds like it would seem that some of the phones AVP was setup with IP addresses and not P2P, What the ones that have this issue they will want to Remove the device, then add it back using the P2P code on top of the NVR or on the camera if doing each cameras and not just adding the NVR as a whole.. Then with P2P active they should be able to access the device outside the normal network..

Screen where the NVR is connected at, There is going to be a admin, or a good user name and a Password needed to be able to access the cameras or setup. However if your asking about when the NVR reboots and all the screen is blacked out that is a different issue..

You will need to log into the NVR, Then go to Main Menu, Then Live View, In side of there is going to be an area that should or could have a button that says something about Live View when logged out? In that NVR as there are so many and some the option in different area... But just make sure if that is the option you have click to make sure they are all able to be Viewed when logged out or maybe you don't want them all but only say 6 of the 8 if a 8CH NVR then pick the 6 you want and save... IF that option isn't in there.

Next place to look would be under the user menu, There is Admin, and Default user, Click on Default user and then in the live view screen portion of the settings make sure that all of them are clicked on for Live view. I personally Remove the playback so one can't get it to playback without being logged in...

Now if your using 4.0 software Right CLick, Go to Main Menu, Bottom click System, General, THen next to Auto Logout(Min.) should be a Monitor Channels(S) when logout (Click that) then make sure there is inside Authority box all channels you want by clicking on ALL or the ones you want you can check them 1 and at time and then Press Save...
Be Safe.