can't record to the FTP server

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
davidsun

can't record to the FTP server

Post by davidsun »

Dear Support/Expert,

I have a IP2M-841B, it has been working for me for many years, it is a great product. I replaced a wifi router, so I have to reset the FTP server.

software version is V2.520.AC00.18.R, build:2017-06029, now I can see the video on my PC from Amcrest Surveillance Pro.

the local FTP directory set to c:\ftp-folder
after setup the camera, the camera will create the directory

C:\ftp-folder\shared\AMC000CB_KKC6C3
and created a file called "DVRWorkDirectory".
but it won't start record the video.
I enabled the motion Detect. and I can see the video record to the local memory card.
seems to me everything is good, but the auto record not work.
there must be something that I didn't setup correctly.
please give me some suggestion/hint.

Best Regards,
David

don't know how to post picture on this forum.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: can't record to the FTP server

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

if your using ASP why not just use PC-NVR. It is much faster then trying to FTP your data and if your camera is FTPing to the same computer the ASP is already on..

About how to make FTP work there are few good things that can go wrong.. Normally you need a user and password for the folder your trying to send the data too. I am guessing you have setup the FTP server on your windows machine and gave a username and password for that. Same user and password would also need to be used for that Folder (Permissions) Needs to be Read/Write..

Outside of that it is really hard to tell..

With ASP however you just need to setup ASP to work with PC-NVR, then load PC-NVR Auto so everytime you start your PC it loads and don't even have to have ASP up and running to record the footage only computer needs to be on..

Hardest part is setup of Pc-NVR. add it like you would a camera, then once it is added click the PC-NVR in the menu and setup Disk space then add the camera to the recording schedule and it really is just like a Real NVR..

Post a Picture to the Forum. Click the Full Editor & Preview then click Attachments, then Add, Then put in the area you want of your thread you can preview and then submit or just submit with out preview..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
davidsun

Re: can't record to the FTP server

Post by davidsun »

Hi Revo2Maxx

Thank you for the reply, I think I figured out the problem. to change the configuration. for some reason Amcrest Surveillance Pro doesn't work. even the interface give me the feeling that it has the function to config the camera. but it not. finally, I remember that I use the ip address to login the camera, the configuration then work. may be the firmware in the camera is too old, but there should be a note or warning message from the Amcrest Surveillance Pro that it couldn't config the camera.
I love the camera, it worked for me many years, and it still works amazingly.
Thanks,
David