Can't parse request

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
thoward

Can't parse request

Post by thoward »

Hello. I have the FOSCAM FI8918W IP camera. It is connected to a router by ethernet cable. The

firmware is the latest available. I have it set to upload a picture (FTP) to the web every

60 seconds. This works.

However, I wish to upload pictures on motion detection. In the "Alarm Service Settings"

menu, regardless of which box I check, when I click "Submit" I receive the following

error:

400 Bad Request
Can't parse request.

Please make a suggestion
castlesbob

Re: Can't parse request

Post by castlesbob »

Hi, I don't have a solution but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I have a FI8918w, one of three, that yesterday started giving me the same error when trying to set the motion alarm. This camera has been working fine for years.

Maybe a second voice will provoke a response.

Bob Castles
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't parse request

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Personally I am not sure the issue. I have a few Foscams and dislike them myself. I mean 5 years ago they were ok but after using any of the Amcrest line of Cameras it is even hard to use my Foscam cameras anymore. I have one that is in my Shed that I use to play around with. It is a 9828P and after seeing this post I did setup the camera to FTP to my FTP server. There are some areas there that is a PITA to get things working as expected and then I got an Error on setting the camera to record to the FTP server but in the end I was able to get it to Record FULL time and leave snap shots. I did tell it to record to FTP and motion is setup to record so my guess is that it should record there on motion.. Now to just get motion to activate lol.. Maybe turn it to the widow side Preset and see if it will record. I did setup for full time record video and did leave a File in .mkv format so I will have to see about some other events..

So I did rotate to the window and sure enough I did get some MD Snap shots and some Recorded footage in .mkv..

It is kind of a pain to make things setup for it to record. I am not sure if my 8918 still works it might be the one that is bad. Is that the camera with the larger SD card slot or the one that has the Micro Slot I will have to find them as I don't use them much or even looked at them seeing I have more 841's by Amcrest that I use in there place. (Where I had them installed.)
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe