Can't connect to FileLu FTP CCTV backup server.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
kingston1

Can't connect to FileLu FTP CCTV backup server.

Post by kingston1 »

I'm trying to connect my IP camera to the FileLu FTP server via the WebUI, but I always receive a 'Server connection failure' message. The FTP server works fine when I log in using FileZilla or any other FTP clients like WinSCP. Does anyone know the reason why I can't connect to the FTP server from my camera?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't connect to FileLu FTP CCTV backup server.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

I would double check a couple of things. Being able to log into the FTP don't answer a question to having Read/Write permissions on your server.

next thing to check is to make sure that your using the right FTP type setup for your FTP server? Some are SFTP and others are ftp.

Something to try is make sure using your FileZilla that you can write.

Outside of that, I am not sure, I use Windows FTP server for my cameras.
Be Safe.
kingston1

Post by kingston1 »

The FTP server has full permissions on the FileLu FTP server. It works fine with Foscam cameras. I can connect to FTP, and the cameras automatically upload recorded footage to FileLu via FTP. However, now I'm switching to Reolink, but I can't get it to connect to FTP. I always get a "454: Connection failed error."
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Can't tell you about reolink as not sure how they are setup.. I would double check if having issue with Amcrest to make sure that it is normal FTP setup and not a SFTP if the camera being used has the option.

Normally will work as long as the Port and user and password is correct. Some servers will require to have the Sub Directory setup on the server for the camera to be able to post there. So lets say your Amcrest cameras you use something like AMCAi01 for the directory you setup in the camera to post the images. It could be that the FTP server would need to have the directory setup and permissions set before it would let the camera start leaving files there..
Be Safe.