Can't access web interface

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
charmonium

Can't access web interface

Post by charmonium »

I set up my ASH21-W-V2 on the mobile app.

I know my camera's IP from the mobile app.

Nmap shows 80, 554, 8086, and 37777 are open for TCP, this IP is certainly my camera.

However, when I try to go to http://ip:80, it _does_ accept the TCP connection, but _does not_ respond to the HTTP request!

Code: Select all

$ curl -v http://10.0.0.95:80  
*   Trying 10.0.0.95:80...
* Connected to 10.0.0.95 (10.0.0.95) port 80 (#0)
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: 10.0.0.95
> User-Agent: curl/7.81.0
> Accept: */*
> 
... I go make a cup of coffee and come back, and it's still here!
^C
Why is the web interface not up on my camera?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't access web interface

Post by Revo2Maxx »

ASh21 isn't a IP camera and there for doesn't have a WebUI to access.

If you want to access the camera in the next best thing to the WebUI then you can use ASP from Amcrest. It is a Video Management software and has options that are not in the app from time to time. Keep in mind any changes you do to the camera outside of the Smart Home App might damage the camera. That goes for using IP Config or IP Tools depending on the Version found

All amcrest DL can be found here
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -Downloads
Be Safe.
charmonium

Post by charmonium »

So what protocol would Blue Iris use to manipulate pan/tilt/zoom on an ASH21? If it is ONVIF, what port is it on? 80 and 37777 don't work.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well to be honest that is kind of a hit and miss for my Blue Iris. What I did figure out is that there is a Method that needs to be followed for ASH21 to be added just right. Unlike most of the other Amcrest cameras I have added it to this ASH21 requires little different setup to get it added. First I tried to do it after adding the wrong way and still wouldn't let me make the changes. So I removed the camera to add it back.

Then after you put in name and short, then put in the IP for it, choose Amcrest in the list of brands. then drop down after that choose the one with ASH21 in it. Then hit the Detect. It will load up info then saving it into BI. Now yesterday Pan and Tilt worked today it don't same goes for my ASH47. It is a PITA but to be fair they are not real IP Security Cameras (The are Smart Home Cameras) and while they do have the ability to work with RTSP and ONVIF they are not as stable. In the last week the ASH47 has worked every days until the last 2 days. It is almost like Bi has an issue after I added another PTZ Amcrest camera (Real one) that has made the working ASH line no longer work? I can't say that is the case but up until the time I re added my 850EB PTZ the ASH line worked with pan and tilt and only thing different was adding the 850 so I don't know what or why
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh yeah one last thing. Sometimes it loads up with the ONVIF (O) something and yes even after adding the ASH21 I went to the camera settings and went to PTZ type and changed it back to Amcrest ASh21 and still no Pan and tilt lol. So not sure what it worked before adding 850 and no longer wants to work. Even tried Amcrest Old Firmware and no go.. Just saying..
Be Safe.