Can't access setting using Chrome browser now.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
DanNeumann

Can't access setting using Chrome browser now.

Post by DanNeumann »

I bought my 720P system a few months ago. Been accessing the Web Service thru Chrome since and it's worked fine until today. Now it keeps telling me to install the plugin. I've done it 10 times but all I keep getting is "please install plugin first" I even reset the browser settings to default and still nothing. What gives?
johnnyv

Re: Can't access setting using Chrome browser now.

Post by johnnyv »

I just started getting this error today too. I am assuming that Chrome pushed an update that did something wonky.
johnnyv

Post by johnnyv »

I don't even see the Amcrest plug in on the plugins page or Extensions page in Chrome.
DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

Me neither. I just tried is using IE and it works fine so it's definitely a Chrome issue. What a crock! Amcrest needs to address this.
erac6329

Post by erac6329 »

I was told that we can only use the Safari browser to view cameras on a Mac PC.
chad556

Post by chad556 »

Same here. Been using Chrome for months. As of a few days ago, It no longer works. I can however get it to work on IE. This needs to be fixed!
erac6329

Post by erac6329 »

I called Tech Support today and was told they are having issues with Chrome so he downloaded Firefox on my Windows PC.
johnnyv

Post by johnnyv »

I think I found a solution for Chrome. I was having trouble running a game and the site gave a solution.

It said to paste "chrome://flags/#enable-npapi" into the address bar and then click, the enable link.

The full instructions are at https://miniclip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... /205412827. Look at Option #2 in the article.

It worked for me. After you enable npapi and restart your browser, Chrome will display a little X in the right of the address bar. You have to click it and tell it to run the plug in. Then Amcrest works!
Mike224jb

Post by Mike224jb »

I tried Johnyv's solution but it didn't work. If you use Internet Explorer, it seems to allow the plugin to install properly. I'm still having problems getting it to work from my phone.
johnnyv

Post by johnnyv »

I'm sorry that didn't seem to work for you. I have used that fix on three different computers so far. Chrome deprecated the npapi protocol and disabled it in the latest version. I think that caused issues with several plugins out there. The plug in for one of my foscam cameras stopped working also, and enabling npapi was the fix for that as well.