Can't access setting using Chrome browser now.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
DanNeumann

Re: Can't access setting using Chrome browser now.

Post by DanNeumann »

Thanks! It worked for me too. You have to remember to hit the "restart your browser" button at the bottom of the page you enabled the npapi . I also figured out how to see my cameras on the Android app.
AdamC

Post by AdamC »

johnnyv's suggestion of enabling npapi in Chrome worked on my Windows 7 laptop. But for some reason on my 21" Mac it doesn't work. I enabled npapi and relaunched the browser several times after type 'chrome://flags/#enable-npapi' in the address bar. It still wants me to install the plug-in. So I did (several times) but it's still asking me to install the plug-in. Doesn't work in the Safari browser either. After typing in the user ID and password I click the Login button and nothing happens (but that issue should be a separate post).

AC
johnnyv

Post by johnnyv »

Maybe try typing "chrome://plugins/" in the address bar and looking to see if the plugin is disabled. If it is, there should be a little Enable link under it.
AdamC

Post by AdamC »

Hi johnnyv,

Just got off the phone with Amcrest support. They fixed my Safari issue and I posted the fix in a reply to a post called "Macintosh Browser Support."

I see the plugin in the Chrome browser:

Widevine Content Decryption Module
Type: ppapi
MIME types:
MIME type Description File extensions
application/x-ppapi-widevine-cdm Widevine Content Decryption Module

I'm wondering if I should try typing this in the browser:

chrome://flags/#enable-ppapi

We did npapi before right? (chrome://flags/#enable-npapi) So maybe there's a ppapi?
AdamC

Post by AdamC »

Actually, I don't think Widevine Content Decryption Module is the plug-in I should be looking for. None of the plug-ins that I see in Chrome are disabled. There are only a handful of them like Adobe, Widevine Content Decryption Module, Java, PDF Viewer, and 3 more). I'm not sure what the plug-in is called.

AC
linflas

Post by linflas »

I tried Johnyv's solution but it didn't work. If you use Internet Explorer, it seems to allow the plugin to install properly. I'm still having problems getting it to work from my phone.
Chrome defaults to run in the background now. You need to check your running apps (lower right corner) and right click the chrome icon and tell it to exit, then restart chrome and the fix described should work, do not forget to allow the plugin in the upper right of the address bar
Amcrest 1080P HDCVI 8CH 4TB DVR Security Camera System w/ 8 x 2.1MP Bullet Cameras
^^^^
That is the system I own
linflas

Post by linflas »

Only been able to get Safari to work on the wifes MacBook Pro, updated OSX, and Chrome, .apk installer says it installed nvapi is enabled, but Chrome still refuses to accept the plugin is installed.

Will try a few more things in the shell console to see if I can figure a work around. Please post if any of you Mac Chrome users find a a fix, or jeez, maybe an Amcrest rep could post they are at least aware, and working to resolve their installer package.
Amcrest 1080P HDCVI 8CH 4TB DVR Security Camera System w/ 8 x 2.1MP Bullet Cameras
^^^^
That is the system I own
ccs86

Post by ccs86 »

Still not working in Chrome!