Can I use the IP2M-841 ProHD without WiFi?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
twitchmonitor

Can I use the IP2M-841 ProHD without WiFi?

Post by twitchmonitor »

I got this camera for my girlfriend only to discover that she doesn't have WiFi! Is there still a way for her to use it by connecting directly to her PC? She lives far away and I shipped it to her so I can't do much in the way of trying to figure it out with the camera directly.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks! :)
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Can I use the IP2M-841 ProHD without WiFi?

Post by Melvin »

Hello twitchmonitor,

It can work without WIFI, that is through a hardwired connection to the Modem or router via cat5 cable. If she does not have any internet at all, it might be difficult to set it up.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

twitchmonitor

Post by twitchmonitor »

What if she uses her cell phone to tether for wifi? Any chance of that working? I don't think she has a router/modem...unless the modem is just the computer's internal modem?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello twitchmonitor,

Unfortunately it might not work properly with tethering set up.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

GreenScrew

Post by GreenScrew »

Twitch, why don't you just send her a cheap router or switch that can provide a wired connection to the camera and connect it to the internet. If you're looking for a straight PC web cam, to do video chat like Skype, you spent way too much to on an "IP" web cam that provides the functionality to work without being connected to a computer. And will only create complexity for that purpose as it's not what this IP Camera is designed for. You'd be better off getting a PC webcam if that is your purpose.