Can I receive push notifications with snapsots?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jonathan1683

Can I receive push notifications with snapsots?

Post by jonathan1683 »

Hello,

I have 3 Amcrest cameras setup with my Amcrest NVR (NV5216) I was wondering if I can receive a push notification with like a snapshot of whoever triggers my camera. I have a non amcrest doorbell camera that does this quite well, but I dont know if my amcrest cameras can do this. I have push notifications setup, but it only seems to trigger an event and when i click that event it doesn't even bring up the correct camera that triggers it even if it was the last camera used it seems to always pull up the wrong camera. If this is not possible, is there anything else I can do instead of this like emailed pictures etc?

Thanks for your help!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can I receive push notifications with snapsots?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So to get push with images you would need to make sure that your cameras are also setup for snapshots if they are not then the NVR will not take any.

Also by design normally the push is setup for Live View so make sure to press the image when setting up

Then you will also need to make sure that in the NVR under alarm video detection (channel) that you have it enabled and snapshot is checked. Then under Camera, Encode, Snapshot. Make sure that it is setup for 1s on Trigger.
Then under storage, Record, Bottom area Snapshot make sure that is checked as well Keep in mind if you don't change the full time snapshot setting under Schedule. It will fill a HDD really fast if Timing is left at 1s as well. Trigger 1s is good Timing should change to every hour or something better if you want full time images as well..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
xundre

Post by xundre »

I have struggled with this as well on my NVR and cameras ,no pictures with push notifications, are you able to show a sample set-up or screenshot of an actual push notification with a thumbnail ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thumbnail? This isn't an issue of a Thumbnail and I don't know any out side of Smart Home device that will give Thumbnails on the Push Now if your talking about images then that is different story..

I have had my push turned off for a few days however I did turn them back on to make some snapshots of images and my settings. Please note I am at this time using my 7108-AI DVR for SMD and had it setup for car and humans. Had my son step out on the back step and it played the images back I grabbed a snap shot after he started to go back in so he wasn't in picture to upload but you can see in the image there was a good amount of images in this Push.

Normally I just send my images to my computer but this time I will just upload from my phone so I don't have more images taking up HDD space on my computer..
SmartSelect_20220716-155810_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
SmartSelect_20220716-155810_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (138.73 KiB) Viewed 661 times
SmartSelect_20220716-155830_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
SmartSelect_20220716-155830_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (206.12 KiB) Viewed 661 times
SmartSelect_20220716-155856_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
SmartSelect_20220716-155856_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (359 KiB) Viewed 661 times
SmartSelect_20220716-155941_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
SmartSelect_20220716-155941_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (388.99 KiB) Viewed 661 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
xundre

Post by xundre »

Thanks for the time taken to capture this.

Yes thumbnails with the push is exactly my problem and I am seeing that that functionality does not exist.

I absolutely do not want to open an app every time I get a notification , on today's modern smart devices a push notification should come with an image you can glance at and dismiss . I would argue that even the event list should have image thumbnails as well.

I currently use third party integrations for this.