Can I have the IP4M forget a wifi Password?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bcrown

Can I have the IP4M forget a wifi Password?

Post by bcrown »

Hi,

I have several IP4M cameras connected to a wifi network. The original network was WEP which I now want to change to WPA2. It seems that the cameras will not connect to the new network (which has the same name, just a change in security type). The system just keeps saying password does not match.

I see no way to tell the system to "forget" a network so i can re adopt it. I have tried on one to do a factory reset, then connect to the new wi fi network which works fine, but if i then try to import my old settings form a backup, it obviously over writes the settings with the old and will no longer connect.

There must be a better way then having to factory reset and rebuild the settings manually on each of my units to make this change?

Hoping someone can lead me in the right direction.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can I have the IP4M forget a wifi Password?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

IF you are connecting VIA Wired connection then yes you can change the info from 1 SSID to another. However if your working with a NEW SSID and no connection via cable then only way would be to Reset the camera..

Log into the Cameras WebUI, click on Setup, Then Network, then Wifi, then in there you can Disable it.. Looking at my picture you will see my 1051 that I did have connected VIA Wifi and then I moved it to a location that has a Cable, so I now am using cable, In this list before it was Not Checked, However just now for the Picture made a Check in the box and it now show what Router SSID I was connected to and shows Disabled click on the one you want to Enable to make the changes needed for it to work. ONce done Remove the cable and let Wifi take back over.. In most cases it is best Practice to just Reset the camera and setup to new Wifi for best connection..
13.06.2021_15.20.43_REC.png
13.06.2021_15.20.43_REC.png (123.95 KiB) Viewed 1901 times
Be Safe.
bcrown

Post by bcrown »

Thanks for the reply. In my case the issue that a network whose name i want to use was originally used as a WEP network. When I changed it to a WPA2 key, the camera refuses to connect after entering the correct password.

So if I had a wifi network named "network: that used a WEP security key, then changed the network (but leave the network name ) to the higher security WPA2 method, the camera does not connect when given the correct password. i am assuming it has to do with the prior use as a WEP vs the current WPA2. as when i did a hard reset then connected, it did not have a problem. It give a password match error without doing a hard reset.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I tried to setup something that I could try out the issue however non of my Routers are old enough to work with WEP they are all WPA and where things get hairy is some of the other formats of that like the TKIP and AES where one is for WPA and other for WPA2 kind of setup.. Looking over all my routers still in use not one of them would go to WEP..

Sorry couldn't be much help.. Only thing I can think of outside of that is maybe your Router is like 3 of mine with the ability to make a NEW SSID alone with your main or even if yours has the ability to turn on a Guest SSID maybe using that SSID change to the new type of connection and then changing it back to the SSID you want will work? Not sure sorry..
Be Safe.