Can’t access cameras away from home

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
GaryPSU

Can’t access cameras away from home

Post by GaryPSU »

All of a sudden, with nothing changed, I can’t access my three Amcrest cameras beyond my WIFi network. They have been set up with my No-IP DDNS and no longer work. The DDNS is a paid subscription and my local IP address is correct. Any ideas?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can’t access cameras away from home

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It is hard to say... One of the largest issues with Port Forwarding is when they just go down for no reason at all... So one of the things and first thing that came to mind is maybe if your trying by Cell Phone might be on a Connection that after a set amount of Web use throttles the connection and maybe your cameras Sub Encoding is off? Maybe you could look to see if your on Extra or Main for your connection to your devices move from one to the other and see if it comes on...

I pay for DDNS but have not used it now for almost a year now because it was easier to just setup all my Cameras to work over P2P rather then change port info and forwarding and all other things to make them work... P2P it just works...
Be Safe.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

I’ve checked for main vs extra and don’t have speed throttling. Three cameras, three ports forwarded. Never had this problem for years. P2P didn’t work either. I’m baffled.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Start your app, click the 3 lines with 3 dots on the left, Device Manager, Click your device, then pencil, in that area it will say Extra or Main change from what ever the current setting is and see if changing it will let it work once you have the Live view and playback changed click on Start live view and see if that makes any better...

P2P would have be be Turned on, and Setup to work.. If someone didn't use P2P to setup the camera it might have to be removed and added back in the app using the P2P method of adding the camera.. This will need the SN of the camera by Scanning it or by Manual input...
Be Safe.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

Thanks, but I tried all of that. This happened suddenly without any changes. I can access all cameras using my DDNS address as long as I’m on WiFi. I’m baffled. I’ll try another phone.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

I’ll be damned. My iPhone 11 is the problem. I can access my cameras via cellular on my wife’s iPhone 11.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

I had a “stuck” VPN that didn’t allow me to access cameras via cellular. All is well now.