Cameras Offline After NVR Reboot

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ITGuy1024

Cameras Offline After NVR Reboot

Post by ITGuy1024 »

Anytime I reboot my NVR I need to hook a keyboard and mouse up to the NVR and login to the cameras for them to come back online. Is there a way I can set it up so they don't need to be logged into on the NVR?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cameras Offline After NVR Reboot

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry don't understand what you mean you have to be logged into the NVR for your cameras to come back online?

How there might be an issue with your Encoding limit being reached. So take for instance on one of my 4k NVR's if I let it reboot on the screen it will have one sometimes that says Over Encode! I will have to click on the screen and go back into my 9 view to bring up 9 of the 16 channels and have all of them load right. Not all the time just some times.. That is because the camera tries to load in Main view rather then Sub view. Mainly because it loads before the other cameras come back online.. By doing the grid again it pulls them in adding the main and sub to get all displayed right?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
ITGuy1024

Post by ITGuy1024 »

The 2x2 view comes up with a login screen for each camera on the nvr. And the NVR web page won't load and stream until I login the cameras on the NVR.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Can I see a picture what you are talking about. I have not heard of such an issue!? What is the Model of the NVR? 2x2 is used in Hikvision pages unless you just mean 4 grid format.

I have never heard of an issue where the NVR had to have the User log into the screen in a Dahua or Amcrest DVR/NVR. I know that Hikvision has screen lock out where the cameras view require a second point of protection to show on screen..

Last and only thing I can think of past this is that your system is setup for multi user and the user accounts are setup for no view access and so for the cameras to show up on the NVR GUI interface the Admin or other user is required to log in and this gives access to the Grid View of chose?
Be Safe
ITGuy1024

Post by ITGuy1024 »

I'll post a picture next time it happens.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Are you talking about something that looks like this?
Screenshot (4463).png
Screenshot (4463).png (53.09 KiB) Viewed 3074 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If that is what you are talking about. Then you will want to while logged in. right click, go to main menu, then system, then under General under Auto Log out if you don't want your NVR to log you out change that to 0 Press Apply. Then next to that area where you put the 0 in is Monitor Channel(S) when logout and click that then click all, then press save.. Now once your NVR reboots or your system logs out if you left auto log out turned on it will still show the cameras on the GUI. Just keep in mind if you have to log in before able to access the main Menu and other things like PTZ and one reason I leave my systems logged in because I want fast access to my PTZ cameras. if I have to log into the Recorder and then bring up the PTZ menu after bring up the camera view the issue could have already moved out of the area of interest.. So leaving it logged in keeps 1 less thing that has to be done before I can have direct access to my cameras view..
Be Safe
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

ITGuy1024 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:36 pm I'll post a picture next time it happens.
You sure aren't having much luck with that NVR except getting a USB keyboard to work with it. Last I knew they weren't supported.
ITGuy1024

Post by ITGuy1024 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:42 pm Are you talking about something that looks like this?

Screenshot (4463).png
Looks something like that. Each camera feed box has a text input field.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah that is something I have never heard of. I am wondering if there was some type of setting in the NVR that now makes it act this way as a means of extra security?

So here is a few things. I know it is a PITA to have to do this things. Yet I would get them out of the way for faster Support when filing a Ticket. (I would file a ticket)

First go to the Firmware page of the NVR's WebUI and click on the OK NEVER MIND ON THE FIRST PART HERE (There is no online A2 Firmware) so you will need to ask support for the FW and Install the Firmware again it might be that someone has already reported this issue and have a new FW for it or at least can give you the first FW to install again as may have failed to install right from the factory the first time (Trust me I have seen this before on my own machines)
Second, and I would do this before anything else really. I would go to the system and do a Factory Reset of the NVR. This can help the system do a Reset back to factory and might be able to add in the missing parts that could be missing..

If you do a Factory Reset of the system and it still acts the same way I would as I said in First (file a Ticket)

Before all that if you right click and go to Main Menu, down at the bottom of the screen is there a Security page? Does it only offer White/Black list of IP's or is there more in that Security page? Maybe things like Security Status, System Serice, Attack Defense, A/V Encryption and Security Warning pages? If there is a A/V Encryption I would double check that there is no Encryption turned on for your local GUI if there is Disable it and then reboot the NVR and see if that same screen comes up to make you log into each camera? I mean all my systems even in the page that I posted above the passwords are already online just would need to log into the NVR to have them come online. Maybe your system is setup where it is like my page but has something new where a user can log into set cameras from that page? I mean it don't make sense to me they would have something like that without it being in the manual but I have seen worse things missing in the Users Manual until a Revised edition was released.
Be Safe