Cameras ip changes from webgui to nvr

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
torrey99

Cameras ip changes from webgui to nvr

Post by torrey99 »

I finally was able to get into the cameras/nvr webgui With Amcrest view pro on chrome connecting the camera directly to the.router but I didn’t see a static ip option so I went with the ip the router assigned it which is same first 6 digits as router and pc so 192.168.1.xxx leaving the last 3 digits censored on here just in case. Then I changed the cameras password and plugged it back into the NVR but it changed the ip back to 10.1.1.127 and says cannot connect to the network host. I’m trying to get my cameras and nvr to stay only on my LAN and not go on wan or p2p or anything remote at all. I whitelisted the camera/nvr ip/Mac address on my router which was the 192.168.xxx ip but not the 10.1.1.125
I just now thought of that so I’ll try add that ip to the whitelist too and see it if works

Another way I heard to keep a device only on the LAN network is to give the camera/nvr a static ip with no gateway but when I entered all 0’s in the gateways it said invalid is there someway to do this?
torrey99

Re: Cameras ip changes from webgui to nvr

Post by torrey99 »

so i checked my routers whitelist and it only allows Mac addresses not IP's so that shoulnd;t be the problem i dont think
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cameras ip changes from webgui to nvr

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure if this is more then 1 camera issue or a lot of cameras...

Here is some things you need to check.
1st, admin admin is default account for Port side of the NVR. That will start out with 10.1.1.x normally 65 however if you had plugged in and removed and plugged back in it will at times change to something like you have normally 10.1.1.128. Besides the point.

First you need to check that the system didn't try to give the admin admin again.. If it did change to your password that you setup on your network...

Also what NVR are you working with?

Also keep in mind that your Network needs 3 things to work within your network. Your IP, Subnet and Default Gateway. would normally look like this

192.168.1.109, 255.255.255.0 and gate way 192.168.1.1 however for the NVR it would be 10.1.1.1 for gateway and 10.1.1.x for your cameras. Plugging the cameras on the Port side will auto change it for the camera. However if you put it back on your network and set for Static when you first setup the camera will no change out of the 10.1.1.xxx address (That is really how you want it) anyway..

So in the end, Need to make sure that the Password and username is right. In the NVR GUI, Main Menu, Camera, click the one with the Red Dots Pencil and change the password...

In the end best way is to connect all your POE Cameras, Then change the Password on the NVR, Then choose the option to also change your cameras password and then all your cameras password will match your NVR and it will be more secure then just leaving the admin admin. Also you don't really have to change the password you can use the same one it is at now I just mean use the option to change and then put in the password 3 times (Old, new and Repeat) then it will prompt if you want to change all connected cameras choose yes if you say no only your NVR will change password..

Connecting VIA WebUI, Making connection to the NVR, then the camera if you don't change the password before that time and connect via admin admin it will prompt you to change it at that time and doing so you will have to edit the cameras settings in the NVR to reflect the new password and if you happen to forget and walk away for the phone or door and while the camera if it has MSD installed would record to the MSD however on the NVR won't record until password changes (This is why I say best to connect the Cameras to the ports, Then change NVR's password) 1 place change them all...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe