Cameras faded out and then came back.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
donh

Cameras faded out and then came back.

Post by donh »

About three weeks ago I installed three IP5M-B1186EW-28MM cameras outside my house. This morning, for the first time, I discovered 3 tamper alerts on my phone app, one for each camera. When I reviewed the playback, I discovered that just after 7:00 am, each camera faded out and then came right back on. I thought perhaps it was a power issue, but I discovered they didn't all fade out at the same time, but it was within 5 minutes of each other. This has never happened before.

Any ideas what may have caused this? Thanks for replies!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cameras faded out and then came back.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum

Personally would have had to see the footage to know for sure but it kind of sounds like what happens when a camera transfers from night to day. Seeing they all did it around about same time one will get or could get enough light to make day transition before the others..

For some there are people that will get alerts that happen at night when a camera moves from day to night because of a secondary light source and it can cause tampering alert or just motion alert. I have a 841v3 that I bought with manufacturing flaw (for cheap) that I took apart and fixed but because of the cost of the camera I have it outdoors even in the -9 it has been working flawless (Is under cover) however I get an alert everyday when it changes over from day to night as well.

If we think about it from the stand point of where your camera is placed, type of settings it is in, like maybe it was at 1/12 shutter and really needed to be in 1/250 or 1/500 for the amount of light it was going to be in at that time. The camera would or could have a fast moment of White out effect.

To give better understanding of what I am talking about looking at the 3 pictures the top one is what it really looks like outside, center one might be good setting for someone to use to make sure they can see the scene well and the last picture might have been about what the camera was using when you got the alert. (software for Tamper isn't always smart enough to know it is Program)
Screenshot (1804).png
Screenshot (1804).png (167.15 KiB) Viewed 165 times
Screenshot (1805).png
Screenshot (1805).png (87.11 KiB) Viewed 165 times
Screenshot (1806).png
Screenshot (1806).png (28.97 KiB) Viewed 165 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe