camera works only at night

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
xdarkox84

camera works only at night

Post by xdarkox84 »

Hi Guys , this cameras are driving me nutz, i have 6 cameras and nvr , and one camera only works at night , usually between 1am and 10am , after that its showing cant find the host , already went through hard reset , switching cables and nothing helped , sometimes it works until 10 or 11am morning when light is out , but after that until midnight it wont work. I attached pictures so you can see last 3 days. camera has more then enough bandwidth from wifi , its getting nearly 500mbps per second there, i even reduced resolution to 5MB pixels and reduced to h264 , but its just driving ,e crazy right now. what makes it work half a day and not work other half
Attachments
amcrest3.JPG
amcrest3.JPG (145.35 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
amcrest2.JPG
amcrest2.JPG (136.77 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
amcrest1.JPG
amcrest1.JPG (108.86 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: camera works only at night

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

I would need to see the Scheduling of the cameras in the HDD area of the Recorder. I have not heard of anything like this outside of an error in setting up a Scheduling.

Also need to make sure that you have not setup your Recording page wrong. It very well might be an issue with how that is setup as well. Yet again very hard to say without having a Real look at the Recorder and what is going on. Here is a couple of pages of what I am talking about from my recorder. this is only one of more then 10 I own and use daily. Please note that my record area is setup the way I want it and may not reflect how others setup theirs and this is from one of my 4108E-HS NVR's. I have it setup like this so on the Sub Channels that are in Manual mode they record the Sub Channel full time. In your pictures and in my case I would need to change on the right M to S for my full time recording to showup in my playback search.. in the last picture you can see what is said to be my Lorex (it isn't I just have not made change to name and it isn't a Amcrest camera so it didn't do it when I setup. But you can see if you look in the right it is clicked as S or it would only show as the other channels motion or alarms for the way I have it setup.
Screenshot (4534).png
Screenshot (4534).png (77.08 KiB) Viewed 1672 times
Screenshot (4535).png
Screenshot (4535).png (73.62 KiB) Viewed 1672 times
Screenshot (4536).png
Screenshot (4536).png (55.26 KiB) Viewed 1672 times
Screenshot (4537).png
Screenshot (4537).png (98.67 KiB) Viewed 1672 times
Be Safe.
xdarkox84

Post by xdarkox84 »

Thank you kindly for helping out, i just got this cameras a month ago , never had cameras before , this is all way to advanced for me , everything is pretty much at default setting.
here are 4 snap shots that you did also
Attachments
arm3.JPG
arm3.JPG (151.32 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
arm2.JPG
arm2.JPG (109.72 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
arm1.JPG
arm1.JPG (157 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
xdarkox84

Post by xdarkox84 »

and also here is this one as well
Attachments
arm4.JPG
arm4.JPG (199.46 KiB) Viewed 1667 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well the last picture looks like all are recording as expected full time besides the 3rd channel. I say that because your first one isn't marked and that would be 2 and then 3 and at a point today Ch3 was offline.

How are you connecting the cameras? POE, Power SUpply? Out side of that all the others today look fine even with the added Motion Alerts.

What AI NVR is this? Is the NVR new as well along with the cameras?
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also something to think about. Turn off full time Snapshots and also turn off full time Recording. Then on the Select channels you want or need to have full time footage setup like I did mine with the Sub Channel setup to Manual and it will record the full time without it being on the Schedule. That is only if you can use the Full size images and recordings for the events and the Sub Channel for full time is reduced in size but the motion or AI portion will make it so your full size recordings will be there. Like if you look in your green you see other colors in the green that is the history of events. This is easier to pinpoint something that you can play back in the Sub if you need to for Audio or more of the event out of the event window..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

This is an older AI DVR but this is what I mean. I have it setup for IVS, Motion, and Alarm only on both the Recording of the channels and snapshots. Then on the channels that have Mics I have them in the Record Page setup to Record Manual in them channels on the Sub, This makes it so I save space. My 16ch AI NVR I get 3 months of recording on a 2tb HDD this way. Now that recorder has only a select few cameras I record full time rest is IVS Rules only. Then another non AI NVR with 4tb HDD I get 6 months with 4 of the 6 channels recording on sub channels only. I have many more and I have some with 2 HDD that is 10TB in total, that is 16ch that I get 6 months with the way I setup the recordings on that AI NVR there is 16AI Channels used so most is IVS and 6 full time Sub channels that I record to the larger 6tb hdd as my 10tb is between a 4tb and 6tb as it is dual HDD setup.

In your case if you are wanting to use 2tb longer then 5 to 7 days you will want to regulate how you record full time and what..
Screenshot (4538).png
Screenshot (4538).png (310.34 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
Screenshot (4539).png
Screenshot (4539).png (284.89 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry 1 last thing while I am thinking about things lol.. For me it is easier to look in WebUI but you can also look in GUI of the nvr or DVR under Alarm, Look to see when the Channel was offline. For me these are normal as the cameras reboot on this NVR at 1am on my other NVR more channels reboot every night starting at 12am 2 ch at a time until 8am. I do this because when I look at logs I can tell if they are offline for the right reason or was there really an issue that I need to research..

If your CH3 was offline you need to find out if there is a Wifi issue if it was wireless, (if you are using Mesh that can be Problematic) if POE need to look into cabling or switch.
Screenshot (4540).png
Screenshot (4540).png (65.68 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
Be Safe.
xdarkox84

Post by xdarkox84 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:41 pm Well the last picture looks like all are recording as expected full time besides the 3rd channel. I say that because your first one isn't marked and that would be 2 and then 3 and at a point today Ch3 was offline.

How are you connecting the cameras? POE, Power SUpply? Out side of that all the others today look fine even with the added Motion Alerts.

What AI NVR is this? Is the NVR new as well along with the cameras?
all cameras are POE, everything is brand new . NVR isNV4108E-2TB,
xdarkox84

Post by xdarkox84 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:05 am Sorry 1 last thing while I am thinking about things lol.. For me it is easier to look in WebUI but you can also look in GUI of the nvr or DVR under Alarm, Look to see when the Channel was offline. For me these are normal as the cameras reboot on this NVR at 1am on my other NVR more channels reboot every night starting at 12am 2 ch at a time until 8am. I do this because when I look at logs I can tell if they are offline for the right reason or was there really an issue that I need to research..

If your CH3 was offline you need to find out if there is a Wifi issue if it was wireless, (if you are using Mesh that can be Problematic) if POE need to look into cabling or switch.

Screenshot (4540).png
Attachments
arm0.JPG
arm0.JPG (197.26 KiB) Viewed 1651 times