camera works only at night

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: camera works only at night

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't know if this is setup in an area where you area there at the time it goes offline. I am going to guess you might not be and if that is the case, Then you might want to put another camera that is facing that camera and the Security Closet to make sure anyone around your business or home is not disabling the camera so they can do things that you are trying to prevent.

I would also setup on your Amcrest View Pro a push Notice for an Offline alert. This way you get a notice when the camera goes offline. However I am not 100% sure that is on Amcrest View Pro I have mine setup with DMSS and might be why I get offline notices. If you have Email you can setup an offline event to be sent to your email.

Looks like maybe someone might want to ask in the feature request to add in the IPC offline alarm in the push notices..
Screenshot_20230623_200407_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_20230623_200407_One UI Home.jpg (338.79 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
Be Safe.
xdarkox84

Post by xdarkox84 »

doesnt miss , online 12:30am , offline 10:30am
Attachments
arm.JPG
arm.JPG (152.13 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You did say you were going to Reset it back to factory? You did right? Do you know how to access your cameras WebUI when it is connected to your NVR POE POrt?

There has to be something we are missing.

This a home or business?

You there when it goes off?

Can you change camera from port x with this port and see if it still has the same issue on that channel. Meaning taking from port 5 and put on port 3 that problematic port, Did the issue follow to port 5 or does it stay on port 3 only?
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

There has to be a timer/schedule somewhere in the mix to produce behavior this specific.

And I realized the NVR was an 'E'. Didn't know whether or not there was a 'Registration' page that would accept IP cameras from an external switch on the same network as the non - 'E' versions (or the DVM8s for that matter).

Switching channels and cameras should certainly determine whether it is a camera or a channel issue.

But is the camera actually going down, or just the recording function? I missed that if it has been clarified earlier.
xdarkox84

Post by xdarkox84 »

I reset it back to factory, that didnt help, entire camera goes down not just the recording ,so my channel 3 is acting up. i switched channel 3 and channel 6, but now i have that same camera on both channels, two channels with same IP, i deleted channel 6 , now i have to wait for camera to wake up so that i can add it back to the channel , as of now i can see that camera anymore , hopefully it shows up at night like usually
Attachments
amr1.JPG
amr1.JPG (206.16 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OMG The forum is starting to mess up again GEEZ. I just had everything all written up and went to add a picture and it made me log in again and everything that I wrote is now missing.. Sorry this is going to be a Fast and Very Short as my Memory Isn't all that great these days. So

I hate to say it but I think you need to Reset your NVR back to factory. However please do the following before you do.. With a Sharpie make each one of the cables Port# they are on right now.. Once you do this remove the cables from the NVR, Do a Factory Reset o the NVR. Then Uncheck Plug and PLay and also un check Auto H.265

After you do this take the Non working camera and connect to Port 1, Then go to the page you just post the picture of and press the e to log into the cameras WebUI. It will load your NVR's IP address and a Port number for mine it would be 10080 for the first camera. Anyway log into the cameras WebUI, and Reset it back to Factory. IT will normally on my NVR anyway come back online as admin admin and you will have to change the password in your settings on the NVR to reflect the admin admin for it to come up..

I hate to say this but in Truth you would be best off to reset all the cameras back to factory defaults. However if you don't it would be wise to at least log into each of the Cameras WebUI and Change the Encoding type to h.264 I say that because that is what the camera comes factory and that means there might be an issue with H.265 format.

Once you get them all connected and either reset to factory or logged in and changed the encoding on the NVR go to the page to reset the NVR's password. You are doing this to change all the passwords on the cameras to the NVR's password.. (Important step. If you have ! or any other of the Special setup in your password right now DON'T use that one as your new password because the Special could also be an issue... Once you change the password on the NVR a Box will pop up and ask if you want all the cameras as well Choose yes or Ok or Apply what ever means yes and then another box will pop up and say if it was good or fail...
Screenshot (4556).png
Screenshot (4556).png (106.67 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
Screenshot (4557).png
Screenshot (4557).png (129.04 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also thought I would mention this is my current version for my 2496EW-V2 that my Camera is working with..
myversion.jpg
myversion.jpg (20.7 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
Be Safe.
xdarkox84

Post by xdarkox84 »

Thank You for playing along , this will remain the biggest mystery of POE cameras
xdarkox84

Post by xdarkox84 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:48 pm Also thought I would mention this is my current version for my 2496EW-V2 that my Camera is working with..

myversion.jpg
im almost feeling there is some kind of interference with IP maybe, can i change IP to that one camera by any chance , i hear people talk about static Ips but i have no idea what they are talking about
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Static IP is a IP that is in the range of the Router and in your case the Switch. I don't think it is an ip issue. However in one of my post I talk about how to log into the camera, You will want to log into your camera using that method. Then click on setup, then network then you will be on TCP-IP page. There you will be able to change from DHCP to Static. However keep in mind that you will want to keep it on the range of the NVR's Switch.

If you want to change the IP for the switch. Then go to the NVR's Network page, Then click on Switch then enter the number you want. I have some of mine like 10.22.1.1, another 10.1.22.1 and so on. I would keep it with the 10. format for easy use.. If the switch don't like it, my guess is that it will tell you. Once it changes it will reboot and doing so will change the cameras IP address. However keep in mind that you don't need to setup for Static if you keep on the switch of the NVR. But you can do as you wish..
Be Safe.