camera works only at night

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
xdarkox84

Re: camera works only at night

Post by xdarkox84 »

today it worked from 1am and it just stopped working at 10:30am
Attachments
arm2.JPG
arm2.JPG (185.34 KiB) Viewed 1744 times
arm1.JPG
arm1.JPG (167.86 KiB) Viewed 1744 times
xdarkox84

Post by xdarkox84 »

it just stopped working few minutes ago at 10:30am
Attachments
arm1.JPG
arm1.JPG (167.86 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
arm2.JPG
arm2.JPG (185.34 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok Thank you for the info, Sorry for all the questions as it is the only way myself or others would be able to help..

So your POE cameras are they connected to your POE switch or to your NVR's port?

What is the distance from NVR to the camera? Is there any long distance runs, If there is long distance runs and running from your Switch is that cabled run or have you used a Beam Wifi Repeater to transmit?

If you are cable connected direct to the NVR Port, then you will want to look over your Ethernet Wires you are using. Either they are CCA and maybe in the attic area where the Temps are getting higher in the warm weather and it is causing issues. It could be that the ends are damaged and if the camera is placed outside wind is moving the cable enough to make it loose connection.

There are many many different issues that can happen.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You had posted that last bit of pictures as I was posting. So in that. My guess from what you are saying is 1 either you are using an Extender or there is an issue with the cabling either ends or cable type and if I had to guess it would be cable type because at that hour my guess is that any cable ran in the attic would heat up and cause issues and at some point could cause damage to the cameras. You will want to make sure the cables you are using are 100% Copper cabling only. It is hard to tell now days what is good Ethernet cable and what is not. Even good cables can have issues if damaged while pulling the cable. Kinks or hard 90degree bends can be bad for the cable and even cause damage.
Be Safe.
xdarkox84

Post by xdarkox84 »

all my cameras are POE connected to my NVR port , camera is maybe 20 feet from nvr and wifi, i also have two extenders, im getting great wifi where that cameras is located , probably better then all other 5 , i already switched cable one time , that didn't fix it . and what really bothers me its always between 12-1am when it starts working , and between 9am and 11am when it stops. there is no sun exposure on that wall so that it gets hot, sun gets tp that camera around 5pm. No bends in cable at all , its not very hot in the attic, all the other 5 cables are going through same attic , and two cameras that are working are twice as far then the non-working one . no way winds blow same day same time and then reverts it in the morning, im puzzled now , im gonna try hard reset on camera again tomorrow , i think that we can just rule out cable from this , because its always same time for like 7 days straight , but time is not same minute of the day , it has like one hour span when it does it , by the way thank you for providing advices , im dead in the water when it comes to this , im not sure if they would replace that one camera for me , i got it 4 weeks ago as part of the package of 4 and NVR
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I agree, Sorry, It is just hard for me to know what is going on..

So now that I know all are POE, Wifi isn't an issue., Puzzled for sure.

Normally the issue could be that the IR however that would normally be a night issue. So that isn't it. We already ruled out an issue with the Scheduling. It really only leaves 1 last thing I can think it might be apart from a bad camera.

Does that camera use a Micro Sd card as well as the connection to the NVR? It is kind of wrong time of the year for this issue so late in the game however I wonder if it is related to the camera using a Micro SD card? While it shouldn't matter I have found that I have some issues with some of my cameras 2 times a year if there is a Micro SD card inserted. (Yes I have some cameras that have Micro SD card in use while connected to my POE NVR) This way if someone was to break in find and steal my Recorders I have the feed of them at least coming into my Property my Security room camera might catch them disconnecting the devices and if they took that camera that feed is backed into a offsite FTP server so good luck taking that footage lol.

Anyway about them replacing just 1 camera, I am not sure that is something that can be done when it is sold as a Kit I think it is RMA as a Kit. I could be wrong as I don't buy kits normally. I did from another company with 8 cameras and 2 of them were bad didn't find out until installing all of them to be told I had to pay for shipping and had to return the whole thing, from then on I stick to buying a recorder and cameras as I want them. It was a different company as I said, so again I don't know how Amcrest would work with 1 camera. They are much better company and besides my older cctv hardware from before 2018 85% of my hardware now days is bought from Amcrest.

What camera model is it?
Be Safe.
xdarkox84

Post by xdarkox84 »

No micro SD cars inside any of the cameras, model is amcrest bullet camera IP8M-2496EW-V2
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Humm, that is interesting. I have had a 2496EW-V2 for a good while and will admit that I have not had any issues with this camera. While I can't say it is one of the higher end cameras it has always worked well.. I have used it with and without a Micro SD card. I am not sure it was one of the problematic ones.

It is very strange that you are having issues at day time in an area with little or no heat of the day sun. I have used mine with pure copper cat5e both to a Switch (Poe) and going to my POE NVR. Right now it is offline as I have removed it from service, using one of my Pro AI Cameras in it's old location. (I got tired of spiders setting off the IVS tripwire and or Intrusion that I had it working with in the night time. during the day the camera worked well. In the area it was installed it really needed the Human AI ability that the 2496EW-V2 lacks. Other then that it was a nice camera.

Did it shut off again at the same time today after your Reset yesterday?
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

You may want to investigate whether another device on the network comes online during the same time the camera goes offline. This could possibly be creating an IP conflict that the other device simply dominates when active -- for any number of reasons. A check of your dhcp server may provide a clue or two.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

They are using a POE NVR with cameras connected to ports on the NVR. Unlike your NVR that shares the normal network to connect cameras to your 4108-HS, they shouldn't have any worry about that unless the network and NVR switch were connected, However normally there would be an error and all the cameras would go offline if someone setup NVR outside of the network and connected and the network passed though like it can on my 4216E-AI NVR. While I can't setup the NVR switch to be on 10.0.0.1 range I can put 10.1.1.x on my network and it will still connect to the NVR from my network switch where my 4108E-HS won't work that way it has to be on the range it is setup for in that case I can use over normal 10.0.0.xxx on the NVR as a Ip camera however if I try to put a 10.1.22.xx on my normal network and access it like I would be able to on my 4216E-AI it won't pass though on the 4108E-HS.. So it has to be on the NVR's Switch..

Maybe they are using one that has pass through ability and that could be an issue, Or if they are using a POE Pass though from the Normal Network to the NVR Switch port then that could be an issue..
Be Safe.