Camera not showing up in IP Config

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
spetros

Camera not showing up in IP Config

Post by spetros »

Just purchased the Amcrest ProHD IP2M-841B camera from Amazon.
I have successfully performed the Quick Start App Setup and have the camera successfully connecting to my Wifi.

I am trying to get the Desktop Access to work, but the camera does not show up in the IP Config tool.
I have downloaded the latest version of IP Config from the Amcrest Website. I have made sure both the Filter dropdowns in IP Config say "All".
I press "Refresh" multiple times, but the camera does not show up. I have tried connecting the camera directly to my router, but still the camera doesn't show up. The router is a Linksys WRT54G. Windows 7.

Interestingly, I had a Foscam camera before this. It also suddenly stopped showing up in its IP Config tool. I thought it was malfunctioning which is why I bought the Amcrest.

Any help is appreciated.
jmleteck

Re: Camera not showing up in IP Config

Post by jmleteck »

in the ipconfig tool just write the ip cam address in the search bar ,in my case it is 192.168.1.100 and click enter and the cam should appear.
Last edited by jmleteck on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmleteck IP2M-841
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello spetros,
It could be that something is blocking the config tool from displaying the cameras IP address. In this case, you can login to your router settings page and there is an option in every router where it shows a list of devices connected to it with its IP. You should be able to find the Amcrest cams IP from there and you can type that into any web browser to open it up. If you are facing any difficulty yet, please feel free to contact our support and we are more than happy to help you out.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

chinpaijong

Post by chinpaijong »

I had the same problem but solved it. First click on "Settings" in the upper right corner. In the "Settings" window that opens up, change the "Start IP" based the subnet setting in your router. Then go back to refresh.
Hotrod53

Post by Hotrod53 »

I have the same issue. In IP Config, when using Safari on my Ipad, or IE on my laptop, I get no live picture in IP config. There is no app for IP Config in the app store, but I know by going to the IP address, I'm in the program. My camers sits on 10.0.0.14.

If I use Foxfire on my laptop, everything works. On my Ipad it shows status that I'm connected, so I know its communicating even though there is no picture. This is troubling because my only laptop is a work laptop and I'm about to change jobs and give up my laptop.

My video detect settings also magically go back to default on its own about every 3 days and the only way to fix it is using my laptop. I can tell that it reset itself when I get bombed with emails overnight and I have to reconnect and fix it. I need to get this working on my iPad. Oh, and using Amcrest Pro, I can see the camera on my Ipad with no issue, also Amcrest cloud works normally. Its just Amcrest IP that doesn't work.

Lynd
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Hotrod53 ,

There is no Ip config app for Ipad. Also to view the camera on IPad, you need to use the Amcrest View Pro app. It does not work with Safari using the IP as the plugin is not compatible.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Lawkanat

Post by Lawkanat »

I had the same issue. After following the suggestions in this forum, the camera is shown in IP Config tool now.

However, I keep receiving an error message "connection failed" everytime I click "e" icon. I have tried typing Amcrest cams IP in different web browsers but to no avail.I am not sure what I did wrong.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can tell me what to do to fix this problem. (Note: I am not a tech-savvy person :oops: ).
DieHardDano

Post by DieHardDano »

I'm having the same issue.... plus another issue. Have 2 wired cams on the network - neither of them are showing up in IP config. I entered the IP addresses in the search bar and clicked enter then refreshed and nothing happened. I changed the subnet mask to that of my router and nothing happened. For some reason, my NVR is showing up twice in IPconfig (there is only 1 NVR) but with an IP address that is not formatted correctly: 2001:da8:207::9402. It also shows the same serial number as my NVR. No idea what is going on here. I need my cams to show up in IP config.
Fergie

Post by Fergie »

I too am having the same issue. I've had my three IP2m-842E cameras for over a year and have been working great with my Ubiquiti Edge Router PoE and just recently they stopped working. Power and connection to the cameras is active however I am getting nothing. I don't want to go back and disconnect my cameras around my house to scan bar codes to connect them again. I've been told that the IP configuration would work however I am not able to see the cameras using it.

Starting to get frustrated.
disgustipated

Post by disgustipated »

not familiar with an ipconfig application, just the command line ipconfig, but if this is some sort of application then might want to check your firewall on the local pc and temp disable to see if thats the issue. If windows updates recently occurred it might be blocking the application. best thing to do if youre trying to find the IPs is to go to the router management page as melvin suggested, depending on the router there should be a list of connected devices somewhere. I've set my cams to have a static ip assigned based on their MAC within the router.