Camera Masking question regarding Motion Detect

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
LarryB5417

Camera Masking question regarding Motion Detect

Post by LarryB5417 »

Is Camera Masking blocking Motion Detection area within the blacked out areas ?
The manual mentions nothing concerning this.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Camera Masking question regarding Motion Detect

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Camera masking was really designed way back for masking of windows and areas that you don't want the camera to record the area behind the mask. In some cameras there are motion detection areas and exclusion area. Mask can't see anything behind it. Some of my older cameras from different company my PtZ cameras are setup with Mosaic rather then just a color I mask off my neighbors windows. Even some of my zoom bullet cameras have mosaic mask that I use
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
LarryB5417

Post by LarryB5417 »

IP8M-2693EW-AI model. Is the camera masking on this model also eliminating motion detection behind the blackouts?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Personally don't own your camera so I can't say for sure. I know I have systems that don't work like normal amcrest ip cameras. I set a mask I can have it hide on view but be not there on playback or both. However normally when you setup a mask the camera can't see behind it if your camera WebUI is only option to enable it and set place then normal nothing behind can be seen so it shouldn't set off motion. In your manual only mentions enable and setup nothing about cause and effect so I don't know.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe