Camera keeps rebooting and resetting time stamp to default

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
abz_user

Camera keeps rebooting and resetting time stamp to default

Post by abz_user »

I have 2 of the indoor IP cameras and they periodically (but quite frequently) decide to reboot and this sets the time stamp back to 01-01-2000 00:00. I was told I should be able to reset this remotely, but I cannot access the IP address of either camera unless I am connected to the WIFI connection at home, where the devices are.
sjsguan

Re: Camera keeps rebooting and resetting time stamp to default

Post by sjsguan »

I am also having this problem with my cameras. They usually reboot and reset the time stamp back to 01-01-2000 EVERY SUNDAY. EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY!!!! Then I have to access each camera's setting to sync it back to current time.

The cameras' reboots also turn off their push notification feature of the phone alert. Again, I have to go into the setting of the amcrest app, "disable" and "enable" the push notification feature to get the alerts working again. So, I have to do the above two settings EVERY WEEK. It is pretty annoying.

Updating the firmware does not seem to solve the problem. I have been searching for the solution for months.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello sjsguan ,

From the web interface of the camera, go to set up > System > Auto maintain and disable the auto reboot feature. it might be set to reboot every Sunday.

Also ensure the camera firmware is the latest.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Robert_B_2

Post by Robert_B_2 »

Melvin wrote:Hello sjsguan ,

From the web interface of the camera, go to set up > System > Auto maintain and disable the auto reboot feature. it might be set to reboot every Sunday.

This was not the issue for me, thanks.
Last edited by Robert_B_2 on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandelena

Post by Dandelena »

Not the fix for me. Have latest firmware on an 841 and whenever the device resets like a power outage it resets the date back to the first day of 2000. Why hasn’t this been addressed with a firmware fix yet. Related information the Amcrest logo also reappears, even when I have set it off via the web interface. Neither of these conditions are acceptable. Amcrest fix this!
Dandelena

Post by Dandelena »

Not the fix for me. Have latest firmware on an 841 and whenever the device resets like a power outage it resets the date back to the first day of 2000. Why hasn’t this been addressed with a firmware fix yet. Related information the Amcrest logo also reappears, even when I have set it off via the web interface. Neither of these conditions are acceptable. Amcrest fix this!
rdeutsch03

Post by rdeutsch03 »

Any update on this? I have (3) IP8M-2496EB PoE cameras that are consistently having their timestamps reset, not simultaneously and often on a daily basis. I also have (1) IP3M-941B non-PoE camera that works perfectly. This is a really unfortunate issue and feels like it should be a relatively easy fix. A resolution would be greatly appreciated.
James.S

Post by James.S »

rdeutsch03 wrote:Any update on this? I have (3) IP8M-2496EB PoE cameras that are consistently having their timestamps reset, not simultaneously and often on a daily basis. I also have (1) IP3M-941B non-PoE camera that works perfectly. This is a really unfortunate issue and feels like it should be a relatively easy fix. A resolution would be greatly appreciated.

I am sorry to hear that you are running into timestamp issues. Please reach out to our support email ([email protected]) where a support agent or myself will work with you directly.
tonester

Post by tonester »

My cameras periodically but infrequently experience time resets as well--I discover this whenever I use the Amcrest app on my iPhone to check on my cameras. Only after I log into the cameras via the web app on the PC on my local network does the time (auto?--i.e., I don't go into the Setup and manually set/sync the time in order to correct it) reverts to the correct time. All cameras are on the latest firmware, and I've even done a full hardware reset to default and then afterwards manually adjust settings to my needs, yet the clock reset issue still persists...and no I do not have auto-reboot enabled, and enabling/disabling NTP sync makes no difference.
rdeutsch03

Post by rdeutsch03 »

tonester wrote:My cameras periodically but infrequently experience time resets as well--I discover this whenever I use the Amcrest app on my iPhone to check on my cameras. Only after I log into the cameras via the web app on the PC on my local network does the time (auto?--i.e., I don't go into the Setup and manually set/sync the time in order to correct it) reverts to the correct time. All cameras are on the latest firmware, and I've even done a full hardware reset to default and then afterwards manually adjust settings to my needs, yet the clock reset issue still persists...and no I do not have auto-reboot enabled, and enabling/disabling NTP sync makes no difference.
I experience the exact same thing, but it seems more frequent for me. I will try submitting a ticket with Amcrest support, but this appears to be a widespread issue.