Camera keeps rebooting and resetting time stamp to default

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
DJM

Re: Camera keeps rebooting and resetting time stamp to default

Post by DJM »

Same issue with the 1p4m 1026B and 1028B. They are both outside.
edenbensal

Post by edenbensal »

same issue with Amcrest IP4M-1028EW POE cam
but with the WIFI cam Amcrest IPM-723 it's works fine!
Masseytech

Post by Masseytech »

I find that since setting a fixed ip address on the camera this problem has not so far recurred.I tried this because I suspected WiFi signal interference had something to do with it as a neighbour has a powerful signal.An older version of the same camera has never had this trouble, so I thought maybe a system crash caused reloading of default settings. I had to change the setting by logging in to IP address using my browser.
ekuykendall

Post by ekuykendall »

I have three of the POE 8MP outdoor cams, powered by the Amcrest POE switch. One just refuses to remember some settings, time included. It doesn't reboot abnormally though. This is most frustrating when trying to locate specific video clips at specific times when the timestamps re all FUBAR'ed up!! Submitted a support ticket.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@ekuykendall Hello and Welcome to the Forum

First thing they are going to have you do is do a Camera Factory reset... This is going to be a Switch that is located inside your camera body somewhere and or might even have a Button on the bundle of wires?

However some cameras don't even offer a button and the Owner will have to short out 2 pins that are located on the Cameras main board...

So I would look for your Button by removing a Panel on the bottom of the camera if it is a Bullet, It could be where you would put the MSD card... If it is a dome it would be under the dome lid. Remove dome by using the special driver that came with your camera.. Then look for a Button on the main board.. if there is no button then you will need to find the Manual for your Camera and find in the manual where it talks about how to reset your camera.. If you have to short out 2 pin holes make sure you use something that isn't going to short your camera out...

After that or even before that... Here are some other things that I found with my own IP cameras...

1 If the Battery inside the camera is dead the system clock will never stay right without a NVR or DVR connected that will every so often tell the camera to set its time to the NVR/DVR's time...
2 If you use ASP or some other Software that has a different close setting then your camera when you load your camera in the Software it will tell the camera to set its time however it could be your BI is set for 4pm same as your computer time, However your set to GMT+8 and then when the camera gets the command it tries to set the time and now it is behind time an hour or worse yet back to dead battery your in 1970 or 2000 or what ever some of my other cameras try to revert back to... Sadly so far I have only been able to replace my batteries in my NVR/DVR's and my Samsung PTZ cameras while I can access the others they are so small I can't find a Replacement for them lol.. Just did this in one of my DVR's from 2013.. Couldn't find the battery for it so I made my own.. While it don't look pretty it is hidden by the cover I don't care it is a battery soldered to 2 24awg wires that is soldered into the normal battery holes in the PCB...
Be Safe.
Masseytech

Post by Masseytech »

Further to my post aug 1st, fixed ip address did not work. Noticed that camera went to AP mode but that kept resetting after about 13 seconds. Powering off for a while seemed to alter this so I purchased a 2 amp power supply thinking that the power drain might affect the smoothing. I wondered why iegeek have bought out a battery powered version. I could hear the shutter operate when the reset occurred but don't know if this was chicken or egg scenario. Touch wood I have only had 1 reset in a week.
Masseytech

Post by Masseytech »

Finally it's seems my solution was to replace the reset button. I have had 3 cameras that had this fault, and all were cured when I cut the hanging reset button off. I notice that my oldest camera has a different design, instead of a cap it has a plug and like a roof tile overlaps not underlaps.