Camera keeps corrupting SD card

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hanlee

Camera keeps corrupting SD card

Post by hanlee »

So i have 4 Amcrest proHD 1080 cameras. One particular one keeps corrupting sd cards. To a point where i cant even format them on my pc, tried formatting in camera and it doesnt even show the sd card up in storage > destination > sd card. if i keep refreshing the page is sometimes shows the card but all the numbers are messed up where its supposed to tell you how much of the card has been used etc. Also tried various programs to format them but its as if the camera simply ruins them some way. Now im onto my third card and its just did the same.
Has anyone ever ran into this issue at all? The other 3 cameras work fine.

Thanks.
hanlee

Re: Camera keeps corrupting SD card

Post by hanlee »

Does anyone actually answer any questions on here?
thomn8r

Post by thomn8r »

Apparently not. Time to look for another camera vendor
scan718

Post by scan718 »

I know this is a old thread but I have the same problem with all my 720p cameras. I have tried different cards and still the same issue. Just decided to Google this today since there is no answer I will call them
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

@scan718 First of all, welcome to the forum.

It's not quite the same issue that you've got. The OP's query was that there was a problem with SD cards in only one particular camera not all cameras. There's no way that forum members can help with apparent hardware issues in just one individual camera hence no replies from forum members.

Contacting Amcrest directly as you're going to do is definitely a good idea :)
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03