Camera goes to sleep

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
MNSubbie

Camera goes to sleep

Post by MNSubbie »

I have several Amcrest Cameras. Most I bought new from Amcrest----I even bought a couple used ones. And they all work great.................

Except one. It keeps going to sleep on me. Need to power it off, and then turn the power back on. It will them work for a day or a week, or a month. Have put up with this for a year so its getting pretty aggravating.

Its a WiFi Camera IP3M-943W that is about about 4 years old. Have made sure it is set to Static. Even put in a WiFi Booster because I thought maybe the signal was weak. All efforts were no help. When it works, it works fine on all my phones and pc's and apps. When it goes to sleep, I cant access it from anywhere

What am I missing? Is there a software upgrade for the camera? What else can I do to insure this thing stays working?
Pogo

Re: Camera goes to sleep

Post by Pogo »

Going to sleep? As in..., powering down all by itself? Or just losing connectivity?

If it's just conectivity;

Set up an IP reservation in your dhcp server (router?) assigned to the MAC address of the camera if you already haven't. If the wi-fi is bouncing, the camera will at least have a chance of being recognized again without having to obtain a new address which in and of itself could be problematic with erratic wi-fi.

If it's a powering issue;

Check the camera power source and connections for any intermittent looking conditions that may be the cause.