camera goes offline constantly

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Winechick

Re: camera goes offline constantly

Post by Winechick »

Has anyone found a solution for this? I have 3 WiFi bullet camera that drop connection daily. When they drop, they are still connected to my router. I have a gb connection so I know it’s not the speed and the cameras are over 70% connected to my router. They come right back up if I reboot, but this happens every day. Please help.
MRolfey

Post by MRolfey »

I just want to add another person that is complaining about this same problem. It is not a wifi issue. Tech support from India keeps telling me this. Isn't this the reason we bought these cameras was to be able to view them when needed? Hey Amcrest, there are plenty of other cameras we can purchase. I won't lie. I like the way the cameras run (when they do). But, if they don't run then whats the point of having them? Will someone from Amcrest actually post something that is useful? Multiple people are having this issue of the cameras not connecting on the smart phone app Amcrest View Pro. I do think its funny that every time the app turns on that it specifically says, "Simple, RELIABLE, Secure." HA
traxem

Post by traxem »

This is probably the most unhelpful "solution". Basically, what you're saying is that the camera's problem might be related to being too close, too far, too high, too low to the router or near too many thing that are too close, too far, too high, too low and thus causing interference. Even as OP posts that his camera is a few feet away from his router. Why even post an answer if you have no clue what you're saying?
BigBob

Post by BigBob »

Plus one for this problem. I have a 3rd party PTZ camera that works fine on the system with a cable and works fine on wi-fi when you type the ip address straight into a browser but when you connect the camera to the HVR via wi-fi the connection and thus image is very intermittent (but still does connect) and basically unusable.
Crestcamcustomer

Post by Crestcamcustomer »

Same issue even with hardwire. The dvr keeps recording and I still get motion push notifications. The app has a streaming issue. Seems to me like it might require static IP method. I use QR code and manual for setup.

I am also a system admin hobbyist. I'm almost sure it's the app, my home network is covered.

I've also pinged it from multiple devices on multiple networks, Verizon, straight talk, local wifi, cafe wifi and Sprint. When this thing stops streaming it's out!

We need a fix!
tkanderso

Post by tkanderso »

Looks like a continual problem. I have an IP3m-941 that continually disconnects/reconnects. No firmware since 7/2017. Reset, rebooted, reconfigured to a lower resolution to no avail. I am running an Asus 3100 main router with 3 Asus 68U's in a mesh network. Signal is strong throughout the house... and beyond. Have to believe this is a firmware issue. I do know after talking with Amcrest support the 941's also do not support Asus's smart connect functionality. They will just not connect. Several opportunities for Amcrest to deliver a firmware update. Otherwise i move on to another brand.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

tkanderso wrote:Looks like a continual problem. I have an IP3m-941 that continually disconnects/reconnects. No firmware since 7/2017. Reset, rebooted, reconfigured to a lower resolution to no avail. I am running an Asus 3100 main router with 3 Asus 68U's in a mesh network. Signal is strong throughout the house... and beyond. Have to believe this is a firmware issue. I do know after talking with Amcrest support the 941's also do not support Asus's smart connect functionality. They will just not connect. Several opportunities for Amcrest to deliver a firmware update. Otherwise i move on to another brand.
If you haven't done it, you could turn off Asus smart connect to see if that fixes it. I think you would have a long wait for camera firmware to support Asus smart connect.
If possible, installing a camera ethernet cable would probably fix your wifi problems.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

I have the IP3M-941B and I also see this issue. i.e constantly going blank. I thought it is their server problem but after looking at this thread, I wondering if it is a camera problem?
kkaresz

Post by kkaresz »

Hi,

I had (have) the same issue, my camera is connected to WiFi and I can check the live stream through the Amcrest View Pro app, but after a minute or so (even less, I believe) it drops the stream saying "network not available" - after refreshing the stream it comes back, and then goes offline again.

I found a solution to MY problem, though: I just set up MAC filtering a few days ago in my router so the camera could only be available in the local network, and not from the Internet. I believe this caused the problem for me. I switched off the MAC address filtering in my router setup, and now the stream is continuous, doesn't go offline at all. I need to find another solution to restrict access to my camera, but for now at least this works.

So to add to the currently suggested solution proposals, I'd say you should check your router settings and look for MAC address filters and/or firewall rules that would prevent the camera to go to the internet.

Also, Amcrest staff, could you please look into this? I find it unacceptable that my camera HAS TO be available through the internet in order to see live stream of my baby room when I'm home.

Thank you.
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

kkaresz ,

Thank you for the feedback. Depending on the setup chosen, internet may not be necessary. Please note that without internet you lose all remote capabilities. Our most common connection methods involve using P2P which is why the internet is necessary.

However if you choose not to use these methods there are other options under IP Domain to allow access to the camera with out using P2P. The article below will go over the process on how to access your camera offline(without internet access.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ra-Offline

for any additional assistance, please reach out to us at [email protected].