Camera frequently picks a weak signal from my mesh system

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bill_s

Camera frequently picks a weak signal from my mesh system

Post by bill_s »

When I bring up the camera in my browser (amcrest config program) using its IP address and then bring up the wifi setup I usually see three signals from the Orbi mesh system I'm using. The camera frequently picks the weakest one and I can't seem to change it. When I try to change the camera to the strongest signal (which is 100%) it asks for the router password but even though I put it in, the camera does not change to that signal. I've done this in the past with no problem and I don't see what I'm doing wrong. Frequently the camera picks a signal that is 25% when there is a 100% signal strength available and as a result, the camera is frequently offline. How can I fix this?
bill_s
s2kohio

SUPPORT ADMIN - Please respond !!! Re: Camera frequently picks a weak signal from my mesh system

Post by s2kohio »

I have the same problem - SUPPORT ADMIN please give us an answer.

I have 1 out of 8 IP cameras that used to work great. Now it is next to useless because it does not send any video. It connects to wifi, but that's it. When I ping the camera i have 100% packet loss on this 1 camera.

my wifi is 300 /20. So, signal is not the issue.

I wonder if the camera is broken - but I will also not that NONE of the 8 cameras ever shows it is attached to the strongest wifi signal. It shows that it is attached to the least strong wifi signal as can be seen when you click on network wifi in the IP camera ip address settings.

Please give SOME guidance ASAP.
s2kohio

SUPPORT ADMIN - Please respond !!! Re: Camera frequently picks a weak signal from my mesh system

Post by s2kohio »

I have the same problem - SUPPORT ADMIN please give us an answer.

I have 1 out of 8 IP cameras that used to work great. Now it is next to useless because it does not send any video. It connects to wifi, but that's it. When I ping the camera i have 100% packet loss on this 1 camera.

my wifi is 300 /20. So, signal is not the issue.

I wonder if the camera is broken - but I will also not that NONE of the 8 cameras ever shows it is attached to the strongest wifi signal. It shows that it is attached to the least strong wifi signal as can be seen when you click on network wifi in the IP camera ip address settings.

Please give SOME guidance ASAP.
Mildew

Re: Camera frequently picks a weak signal from my mesh system

Post by Mildew »

bill_s, what model camera has the problem? Also, did you set up your mesh to have the same wifi name for both 2.4 and 5?
s2kohio

AMCREST SUPPORT - DO YOU REALLY EXIST ???? Re: Camera frequently picks a weak signal from my mesh system

Post by s2kohio »

Well, we are going on a YEAR with no response from support. The cameras are still choosing the weakest wifi signal. I know Amcrest jumps on you when you go to their website to SELL something but for support NADA.

By the way, I put in a new switch in the house and noticed that my NVR 4116HS-E was plugged in at 100Mbps on a Gigabit switch. I looked at the advertising info on the website and it said this NVR has a gigabit ethernet port. I contact 'support' and I'm tough sh*t its a 100 Mbps ethernet connection and no offer to refund money or take it back - NO NOTHING.

Bottom line - if I had a better place with more eyeballs to post this I would.

Now "support" please tell us why the cameras always choose the WEAKEST WIFI signal when we go to the camera IP and try to get it to connect to the strongest wifi signal.
James.S

Re: Camera frequently picks a weak signal from my mesh system

Post by James.S »

Hello All,

I want to make sure to let you know if you are running into an Immediate issue with your camera please reach out to our support email ([email protected]) or by phone (888.212.7538) where we would gladly work with you directly in resolve the issues your having.

The Mesh system is not yet 100% viable to use with security cameras on WiFi, Running into this issue before I had to walk the customer through a factory reset, When we reconnected their camera back up we needed to do it in a way it would not connect to any of the other mesh routers and only to the one closest to the area where it would be mounted.

If you are still having issues with this in mind please reach out to us via Email or Call and the Support Team or Myself will be happy to assist you.