Camera Failure

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ITGuy1024

Camera Failure

Post by ITGuy1024 »

A couple of WEEKS ago one of my cameras suddenly turned off. I did all the usual stuff try try and fix it but no luck.

I emailed support and they sent me a new power supply adapter. That allowed the camera to turn on but the picture is grainy, wavy, flickering, generally awful and unusable. I emailed support back stating that information, even a video of the issue and have not heard anything.

I called yesterday and got on the phone with support. They said they would talk to RMA and call me back in 2 hours. It's now the next day and I have not heard anything from them and still nothing from my last email a week ago.

Amcrest, what's the hold up? Can I please have a new camera sent to me? It's been WEEKS. It's getting colder out and I don't want to have to put up a new camera in the middle of winter when it's 10 degrees out.

Case 98489
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Camera Failure

Post by Melvin »

Hello ITGuy1024 ,

The concerned team will be getting in touch with you shortly.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

ITGuy1024

Post by ITGuy1024 »

I received a ticket update asking if a new power supply was sent to me. In the same ticket they said they were sending me a new one and I said that I got the power supply and it did not fix my issue.

This is nuts.
ITGuy1024

Post by ITGuy1024 »

I called back today (because still no update) and after a 25 minute wait on hold I got someone who put me on another 10 minute hold to get an update. After that they wanted to send me ANOTHER power supply. If it didn't fix it before why would it fix it now?

After I explained what was going on a few more times they told me to contact RMA for a new camera. I explained to him my feelings on this and then they said they would take care of it and I WOULD hear something back by the end of today.

So Amcrest am I going to hear back today and get this issue resolved finally? It's ridiculous, I entered my ticket Nov. 22nd. I'm pretty close to just sending it all back and going with another company. I like your products but the support is just awful. I'm sorry, I'm trying to really like this company.
ITGuy1024

Post by ITGuy1024 »

I finally was able to get a camera sent to me. I had to bypass the tech support that kept wanting to send me a power cable and go right to the RMA department.

Well they sent me a camera but it was the wrong color. Even though I told them at least 4 times I need a white one.
So I am still trying to get this fixed a month later. That's a month with no surveillance.
ITGuy1024

Post by ITGuy1024 »

It's like a bad nightmare... Why is this so hard?

The first replacement camera they sent was the wrong color.
The second replacement camera they sent was the wrong color.
2016-12-22 17.05.46.jpg
2016-12-22 17.05.46.jpg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 585 times
Third time is the charm?